Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So, I guess Daley is out.

As for Ruhwedel I was a big fan of his play during the preseason. Great wheels. Rather him than Warsofsky.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's mobile, but not as mobile as Warsofsky, but also a little bigger than Warsofsky.

He's also a righty which helps.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sucks that Daley might be out but I did want to see more of Ruhwedel. Silver lining.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think they just like rewarding different guys for playing well in the AHL. When you give more players from the A a shot in the NHL, even just a brief cup of coffee, that helps in luring those kinds of depth guys as free agents in the offseason.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Ruhwedel has been WB's PPQB1 when i've watched them.
Really not much seperating him and Wars.
Both play similar styles.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins are lucky in that they have a bunch of fringe NHL defensemen down in WBS, to the point where playing any of Olesky, Warsofsky, Ruhwedel, Percy, Gaunce and Erixon can jump into a game in the NHL and not look horribly out of place. They could probably survive being without 2 defenseman before they start getting into serious trouble.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Out of all the new guys he and Guentzel stood out the most during preseason. Seemed like a very good fit in this system. Looking forward to seeing him play. Daley could use the rest anyways.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
They might and just have this guy as insurance. Coaches usually address the media two hours before puck drop, maybe HCMS will have a Daley update then.

Oh I get that. But after this game they have a couple days off. So.. unless they are going to run 7D or they already know Olesky is sick or whatever they can save some cap space no matter how little it is. It's not like they can bring him into the game after it starts.

I guess it could be more about Dumoulin and that puck he took to the face as well.

I guess it's not worth cheating the lineup.

I thought the D was exceptional being down 1/2 guys last night.

YouGetSprong

Jun 6, 2016
Out of all the new guys he and Guentzel stood out the most during preseason. Seemed like a very good fit in this system. Looking forward to seeing him play. Daley could use the rest anyways.

I don't know why I'm still optimistic despite the news regarding Letang and Daley's status being up in the air. I guess I feel that Sullivan really knows the system and what players are going to thrive. Hopefully these injuries end up being a blessing in disguise.

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
Oh I get that. But after this game they have a couple days off. So.. unless they are going to run 7D or they already know Olesky is sick or whatever they can save some cap space no matter how little it is. It's not like they can bring him into the game after it starts.

I guess it could be more about Dumoulin and that puck he took to the face as well.

I guess it's not worth cheating the lineup.

I thought the D was exceptional being down 1/2 guys last night.

There's no cap space to save, though. The team is in LTIR space at all times this year, so even if they're not using all that they could be, they don't bank any space like a team under the cap would.

There's literally no benefit cap-wise to being a man short in this situation. Might as well have the extra guy there just in case someone gets hurt in warmups or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad