Penguins Off-Day Thread

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Is Bjorkqvist the new guy who gets a call up because he's a good team/locker room guy and has paid his dues? He didn't do much in training camp and his stats suck, but maybe I'm missing something because I don't actually watch much in the way of AHL games.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Is Bjorkqvist the new guy who gets a call up because he's a good team/locker room guy and has paid his dues? He didn't do much in training camp and his stats suck, but maybe I'm missing something because I don't actually watch much in the way of AHL games.

I'd be interested to know why he's called up too, I know he bosses the physical tests but this is the NHL not Mr Olympia.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

He’ll drill Geno in practice and then lose in a fight to the angry Russian......coffee time

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I'd be interested to know why he's called up too, I know he bosses the physical tests but this is the NHL not Mr Olympia.

I mean, they may know he's not going to play in a real game and are just giving him some practice time with the big team for shits and grins cause he's been around for awhile, but I'm not sure what that says to the other dudes down there who appear to be having better seasons. Whatever. Not going to lose sleep over it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Little known fact: call-ups are based exclusively on pelvic thrusts.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I imagine they are calling up Bjorkqvist because he’s at an age where missing games isn’t as detrimental to his development as it is other players.

He's missed a ton of gametime compared to his peers though and POJ is in a boat where maybe it does matter so I'm not sure how much that bothers them.

My guess is they trust Bjorkqvist to step in and make minimal mistakes more than the other forwards available.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think I'll run another stream of an old Pens game. Likely the 5 goals 5 ways.

Honestly I think it would be cool to just play a completely random regular season game. I usually go to bed listening to sport games and a Penguins-Thrashers game from 2008 came on that I thoroughly enjoyed.

There's a ton of those kind of games on YouTube. I personally like listening to 2000-2004 Penguins games.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's got 5 points in 28 games for Wilkes all time. Turns 25 in July.
He has not made me a Bjorkliever.
Trust Sully will give him top line minutes over DoC. The plug shall plug pluggers in his own plug image.

Kasper has had a rough go. He missed basically a season because of injuries. Then covid hasn't helped and the coaching staff in wbs is pretty shit for actual development.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Trust Sully will give him top line minutes over DoC. The plug shall plug pluggers in his own plug image.

Kasper has had a rough go. He missed basically a season because of injuries. Then covid hasn't helped and the coaching staff in wbs is pretty shit for actual development.
Hasn't been easy the last few years for sure, but I honestly don't see much there to begin with.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Honestly I think it would be cool to just play a completely random regular season game. I usually go to bed listening to sport games and a Penguins-Thrashers game from 2008 came on that I thoroughly enjoyed.

There's a ton of those kind of games on YouTube. I personally like listening to 2000-2004 Penguins games.

The last stream I did was a random Pens Flyers game where Kovalev had a hat trick (even strength, shorty, and PP). It was also a game where Jagr was ignoring and mouthing off to Hlinka.

Also, when should I do that 5-goals-5-ways stream?

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great…let’s hope a lot of other guys are back for Sunday’s game lol…

Penguins PR
@PenguinsPR

·
48s
Kasperi Kapanen has been added to the NHL’s COVID-19 Protocol List. Sam Lafferty (non-COVID illness) will also not participate in today’s practice.

Reactions: Maple Leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad