Seravalli: Penguins looking to trade Pierre-Olivier Joseph

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I assure you he would get claimed off waivers.

He's right on that Cholowski/Mete/Juolevi/ect tier of young defensemen who never pass through waivers. Teams aren't willing to trade much for them, but they absolutely never get through waivers on their first time on waivers.
Maybe, but these days I’m hesitant guaranteeing anyone is claimed anymore. Especially out of the gates.

5 years ago? Guaranteed. The last 2-3 seasons not so much.

Every year now, we seem to have guys clear at the beginning of the year who actually end up finally putting things together. Kylington last year as an example. A player who had a much better chance to turn things around than POJ. His issue was more of always trying to do to much when he got his NHL chances, that he was just a mess. With POJ, it’s not even his decision making.. it’s the time he takes to make his decisions.

His best chance to stick with a team this entire year would be with a Vegas, who needs that 6/7 and can’t afford anything over a million… but doesn’t want to rush one of their young kids like Cormier.

Like I said before though, he should probably keep a bag packed this year cause he might end up playing in 2-3 cities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad