GDT: Penguins @ Leafs - 7pm EST, Nov 11th. Lest We Forget.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
-John McRae

1668176382932.png

1668176780380.png

^Avro Lancaster, beautiful bomber crewed by Canadians. You can see 1 of the surviving 2 Lancasters flying around Niagara (this year they were replacing the engine) on Saturdays, flying out from Hamilton Airport. My Grandfather was a tailgunner in one at age 17.

If you are looking for a book which captures the WWI experience, I recommend Three Day Road - By Joseph Boyden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projected lines:

Kallgren confirmed starter.

Penguins lines coming once I get twitter update.

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Two guys are putting an exclamation mark on this team's lack of depth: Kerfoot on the top line (no one on the team besides maybe Engvall has less finish than Kerfoot, he should be used way differently) and Robertson on the second line (more understandable because he would be useless on the 3rd or 4th line but he's looked...really bad lately).

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Would be nice to see Matthews break out with a hatty after seeing Eichel go off last night.

Would also be nice if Engvall improved on his 0.15 PPG average sometime soon.

Reactions: horner

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
DESMITH is starting for them. He is their number one goalie right now sire. Confirmed this is.

Kapanen does not fit in their lineup anymore, he is not a good ice hockey player and is selfish, non intelligent player. Proof is in the history.

Reactions: wingman75

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I thought for some reason the 11th was satourday and the game isn't until tommorrow

Was confused why the NHL only had a few games on a satourday. Makes more sense now

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Need a mod merge

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Interesting that we're getting their backup goalie and that they play Montreal tomorrow. Pittsburgh is starved for wins so I get it.

Should be a good show tonight.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Interesting that we're getting their backup goalie and that they play Montreal tomorrow. Pittsburgh is starved for wins so I get it.

Should be a good show tonight.
They'sa Come real hard against us tonight. Desmith is their New number one gezoalie and he playedd real strong last game he played. We'sa have strong players too 👏👏

Reactions: Altair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad