Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think farnham is pretty useless but why not bring someone up with at least some offensive potential? Who the hell is porter?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think farnham is pretty useless but why not bring someone up with at least some offensive potential? Who the hell is porter?

Competent but nothing special at everything. About as blah of a player as you're going to get.

At least if Farnham was in he could take advantage of the fact that Downie gets called for everything.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Looking forward to seeing all that youth and speed exploit the **** out of Scuderi.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I was sure we would see Clendening this game tbh. We better get some rotationg going if we gonna stick with 8 defensemen, sure its only been one game, but Scuderi is useless

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I was sure we would see Clendening this game tbh. We better get some rotationg going if we gonna stick with 8 defensemen, sure its only been one game, but Scuderi is useless

i say this without a hint of sarcasm or meanness:

i wish I had your sense of optimism and wonderment.

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
Okay, seriously. Why is Perron playing RW and Bennett on the left while each prefer playing the opposite? Just switch them back to their natural positions. I swear we **** can Bylsma and replace him with the only coach in the world who actually makes even worse roster decisions.

I was never really in the fire MJ camp but now I am. Fire this assclown.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Haha, i guess im at the stage where i have given up. So im using unfunded optimism so i wont go into a state of depression.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Playing Scuderi after that performance is inexcusable. If Dumoulin or Bennett had played like that they'd be scratched for five weeks.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

You didn't think they'd swap him and Dumoulin while keeping Scuderi? I was expecting it, with some inane MJ quote about young guys needing to get a feel for things.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You didn't think they'd swap him and Dumoulin while keeping Scuderi? I was expecting it, with some inane MJ quote about young guys needing to get a feel for things.

I don't expect any of the regulars to change spots before game 4, honestly.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Okay, seriously. Why is Perron playing RW and Bennett on the left while each prefer playing the opposite? Just switch them back to their natural positions. I swear we **** can Bylsma and replace him with the only coach in the world who actually makes even worse roster decisions.

I was never really in the fire MJ camp but now I am. Fire this assclown.

The forward positions are due to their handiness. RH on the RW, LH on the LW. This is to make it easier to accept passes when moving the puck up the ice and hold the boards to keep possession in the offensive zone. Basically, it's done to support Johnstons system.

Because of that, Perron can only play on the 3rd or 4th line. Crosby's LW spot will only go to Kunitz or Plotnikov. Though Bonino may get a chance up there when Fehr comes back.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
The forward positions are due to their handiness. RH on the RW, LH on the LW. This is to make it easier to accept passes when moving the puck up the ice and hold the boards to keep possession in the offensive zone. Basically, it's done to support Johnstons system.

Because of that, Perron can only play on the 3rd or 4th line. Crosby's LW spot will only go to Kunitz or Plotnikov. Though Bonino may get a chance up there when Fehr comes back.
That's great and all, but Bennett is a righty too. And they're both put on their unnatural sides.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Domi and Duclair are going to make Scuderi look like a fool tonight. It's going to be hilarious.

That's what I told my dad when I took him out to lunch today. Anthony Duclair would literally lap Scuds in a two lap circuit around a regulation rink. He's going to burn Scuds wide on every shift. That kid has one wild set of jets.

Unfortunately, Duclair was not American, College educated or Blonde enough for Shero, which was a sadly common theme in his draft selections. All hail Jake Guentzel, I guess.

Edit: Porter's playing. WTF. If the call up was actually going to play, I cannot fathom why Porter would have been tapped on the shoulder before Mouillierat. Mouillierat at least caused one goal to happen by making a sweet, sweet mess of things around the crease in preseason. The only thing I saw from Porter was him getting crushed once in the neutral zone.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Don't get the Bennett / Perron thing. Seems like it's making something more complicated than it needs to be. Not unlike Iginla / Neal.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
BB - Crosby - Kessel
Perron - Malkin - Hornqvist
Plotnikov - Bonino - Sprong
Kunitz - Cullen - Farnham

Seems so simple doesn't it?

Fixed. That's what i would roll with, aswell as no Scuderi. Guessing he gets 20 minutes again.:laugh: Game 1 had constant 2 on 1's coming back our way, this game will be no diff. Probably score 1 goal tonight if we are lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad