Prospect Info: Penguins #9 Prospect

Who's our #9 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Almeida jumps up 6 spots from last year and blew everyone away in the poll. His Junior numbers are top notch, just a matter of seeing how he does in the Pros.

#1 Samuel Poulin (35.6%) (New)
#2 Calen Addison (50%) (+2)
#3 POJ (44%) (New)
#4 Filip Hallander (60.4%) (+1)
#5 Kasper Bjorkqvist (43.2%) (+3)
#6 Nathan Legare (53.2%) (New)
#7 Jordy Bellerive (45.2%) (-4)
#8 Justin Almeida (76.6%) (+6)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That's a great top 8 imo

Especially comparing it to years prior. From 9 on is basically what we had to vote with before(with that one blue chipper in there).

This is a deep top 8...and any one of them could be the next Guentzel(not style of play but the level ) and some Hornqvist/Kunitz hybrids(assuming they reach potential).

As well as 2 dmen who could really help this team on the ice and with the cap....thats what was needed most. Kessel trade could be looked back on as a huge reason this team won another cup or two. I like Galchenyuk more than others(still feel like he hasnt reached his potential...wasnt used right and on worse teams) and loved POJ coming into the draft. Was hoping he would fall to us...but it wouldnt have mattered anwyay

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Numbers are not all but Miletic as a 20 yo at ,7ppg is bettet than Johnson’s ,64ppg as a 24 yo. Eventuell through he had a few NHL games.

I think Miletic was 21 at the start of last season but yeah. On paper it's a lot more impressive. Lafferty's season too.

I guess my thing is I don't know whether Miletic or Lafferty can push on from those numbers to be real impact players. It's not like either really has the sort of history where you're expecting the push. And if they won't, then they're kinda equivalent to where Johnson will be if he sticks in the NHL and I'm thinking he showed some good reason to think he might where as Lafferty and Miletic aren't even at that stage yet.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Technically "could", in the sense that we live in a universe where almost anything can happen.

Extremely improbable though, to be diplomatic. Guentzel was a real find.

To provide some context to this -

32 players have got 60 ES points in a season in the last 10 years. That's the club Guentzel's in. Getting another guy in there, even with Sid and Geno to help, would be very lucky.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Laff. Younger and better than Johnson.

It's not even a full calendar year. Not all of our prospects are top notch, including Lafferty, and lets not forget we are talking about a group of undrafted players here, too.

Let's be a little honest here, better is being stretched a little here. We are at a point where things are a lot closer. Maybe even a slot or two earlier.

The Pens certainly have plenty of noodles to throw at the wall here. That's the good news.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
It's definitely Lafferty here. The kid has it all; size, skating, vision, good shot, nice hands and he's starting to put it all together. He'll definitely be making some noise next year.

I can see arguments being made with Johnson and Miletic. But I wasn't too impressed with Johnson, I feel like he has the speed and some skill but doesn't know what he's doing with it. Miletic put up some good numbers in WBS but I'm not sure he'd be much more than a hardworking grinder in the NHL that can put up some point at best.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's not even a full calendar year. Not all of our prospects are top notch, including Lafferty, and lets not forget we are talking about a group of undrafted players here, too.

Let's be a little honest here, better is being stretched a little here. We are at a point where things are a lot closer. Maybe even a slot or two earlier.

The Pens certainly have plenty of noodles to throw at the wall here. That's the good news.
Lafferty was drafted. I agree it’s close, but the age and AHL impact is what swings it in Lafferty’s favor.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lafferty was drafted in the 4th round in 2014.

Lafferty was drafted. I agree it’s close, but the age and AHL impact is what swings it in Lafferty’s favor.

I know Lafferty was drafted in the 4th and he wasn't to be lumped with the rest, but a good portion of these guys are undrafted and Lafferty could have easily been one of them. Drafted back in 2014 in the 4th round and his work up until last season at the AHL level wasn't exactly all that inspiring outside of the points. Putting all these guys together certainly helped, which also included Blueger for a good portion, and they all were out produced by Prow their leading D-man.

Kahun, ZAR, Believer, Johnson, Miletic, Haggerty, Agozzino and Lucchina.

D - Riikola

G - both Larmi and D'Orio.

Basically, you are going by a nominal age difference, and a single season of work.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What else is there to go by though?

TBH I would've actually voted for Miletic but I just plain forgot about him until after I voted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad