Prospect Info: Penguins #9 prospect

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
That's the guy - think he was 5'9" 155 at the draft, with a family history of late growth spurts to over 6ft.

Recently read he is up to 5'11" now and hopes to play this season at 185. While he didn't make it to 6, if he adds another 5 or 10lbs that's NHL size for a scoring winger.

I would not be surprised to see this kid seriously compete for the Hobby Baker this season.

Grew 2" in college?! Wow! I am 6'2", and think I was done growing by 14!

Anyway, yeah, if he's at 5'11" now, and 185, that makes me feel a lot better about him than 5'9", 155.

He's going to be interesting to keep an eye on...

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Grew 2" in college?! Wow! I am 6'2", and think I was done growing by 14!

Anyway, yeah, if he's at 5'11" now, and 185, that makes me feel a lot better about him than 5'9", 155.

He's going to be interesting to keep an eye on...

His Dad and siblings all grew 3+ inches after they turned 18.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Not sure if I agree with the board on this one. I am usually a little overly optimistic about our prospects. It's unusual that I am not behind a guy like this, but I have seen him play several times, and don't think he is an NHL player, unlike guys still on the board such as Guentzel, Rust, etc...

Are we ever going to add Ryan Segalla? I have him ahead of Sheary on my own board FWIW.

1-Murray
2-Sprong
3-Dumoulin
4-Sundqvist
5-Wilson
6-Guentzel
7-Jarry
8-Rust
9-Blueger
10-Segalla
11-Clendenning
12-Archibald
13-Taylor
14-Sheary
15-Kuhnhackl

I have to disagree, I've seen Sheary play a lot and I believe that he can make it as a 3rd line scoring winger as soon as next year with a couple call-ups this year. Also, the guy is a playoff performer, which is something we need.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think there's a good chance any of them who are left will amount to much, so I just went with the longshot with the best upside in Guentzel.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Rust again. Add Segalla.

Finally Sheary won. Go Clendening.

Clendenning blows.

Voted Zoblin because Zoblin

This is the kind of solid reasoning that leads to Zlobin being massively overrated, for no good reason whatsoever.

His Dad and siblings all grew 3+ inches after they turned 18.

Would have been great if that happened for Jake, but it didn't. His skill still makes him a top-10 choice here though.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have to disagree, I've seen Sheary play a lot and I believe that he can make it as a 3rd line scoring winger as soon as next year with a couple call-ups this year. Also, the guy is a playoff performer, which is something we need.

All I can say is - hope you are right and I am wrong. But I'll hold onto my opinion until I see otherwise from Sheary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad