Prospect Info: Penguins #8 prospect

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This list is a who's who of future AHL journeymen!

You're being optimistic. Some won't make it past the ECHL.

Voted Samuelsson because he's actually played in the NHL, and is likely to get minutes this year in the NHL. The rest of the names on the list are longshots at best to even match that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
You're being optimistic. Some won't make it past the ECHL.

Voted Samuelsson because he's actually played in the NHL, and is likely to get minutes this year in the NHL. The rest of the names on the list are longshots at best to even match that.

Oh yeah I forgot about Sammy. I think I'll pick him after Murray.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I'll vote Archibald for our 7th best prospect. Megna shouldn't have gotten undeserved pass. No way would he have won this vote.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'll vote Archibald for our 7th best prospect. Megna shouldn't have gotten undeserved pass. No way would he have won this vote.

He almost won the Round 6 vote. If just a handful of the Sundqvist people voted for Megna next he'd have easily won round 7. Even in the vote he lost (not the runoff), he had more votes than anybody has in this round.

The only reason to think Megna wouldn't have won round 7 is that you didn't want him to win round 7. If everyone who voted for him in round 6 voted for him again in round 7, he'd be winning round 7.

Last edited:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
He almost won the Round 6 vote. If just a handful of the Sundqvist people voted for Megna next he'd have easily won round 7. Even in the vote he lost (not the runoff), he had more votes than anybody has in this round.

The only reason to think Megna wouldn't have won round 7 is that you didn't want him to win round 7. If everyone who voted for him in round 6 voted for him again in round 7, he'd be winning round 7.

Megna had 34 votes then, Archie currently has 32. There were 122 votes casts then, this poll is just at 80 votes right now. Archie thus has much higher % of votes cast than Megna had. Either way, don't think Megna in any case would have ran away with this vote here.

Anyways my point still stands, Megna shouldn't have gotten free pass. Why did he get it? What's the rush? Why not do this properly? This could have been good race between Archie and Megna. We'll now never know how this board actually ranks these two.

Edit. Not the the only reason as pointed out above. Can you tell me a good reason why he got a free pass here instead calling out my motives to want to have him included in this poll? Are giving the #2 in this poll an automatic pass for 9th seed?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Because he was 1 vote away from winning the last vote. We do this every year because the person who loses a runoff vote always goes on to win the next round anyway. Always.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Because he was 1 vote away from winning the last vote. We do this every year because the person who loses a runoff vote always goes on to win the next round anyway. Always.

That doesn't make it right. That's like having Dupuis next to Sid because that's what the team has done, always. Doesn't make it right :)

We didn't skip over the #2 vote either despite Kapanen getting ten times more votes in the #1 voting than others beside Pouliot combined. Jarry didn't get a free pass for #4 and Dumo didn't get a free pass for #5.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That doesn't make it right. That's like having Dupuis next to Sid because that's what the team has done, always. Doesn't make it right :)

We didn't skip over the #2 vote either despite Kapanen clearly getting more votes in the #1 vote than others beside Pouliot combined.

I'm not saying we skipped it because its what we've always done. We skipped it because the loser of a runoff wins the next vote every time. It would have been a waste of time when we already knew the winner.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I'm not saying we skipped it because its what we've always done. We skipped it because the loser of a runoff wins the next vote every time. It would have been a waste of time when we already knew the winner.

That's all good other than we didn't know the winner. You have no idea how the Sundqvist voters would have voted this time around between Megna and Archibald (or others). So you can't say Megna would have easily won this time around. As you called out my motives for this discussion previously, the only reason you're saying that Megna would have won this easily is because that's how you would have voted, right? That doesn't mean you're right.

Anyways you can do this any way you guys want, just know that giving free pass to someone doesn't mean he would have automatically gotten most votes this time around. No way to know that. Just because it's something you always do, doesn't mean it's the right way to do things.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's all good other than we didn't know the winner. You have no idea how the Sundqvist voters would have voted this time around between Megna and Archibald (or others). So you can't say Megna would have easily won this time around. As you called out my motives for this discussion previously, the only reason you're saying that Megna would have won this easily is because that's how you would have voted, right? That doesn't mean you're right.

Anyways you can do this any way you guys want, just know that giving free pass to someone doesn't mean he would have automatically gotten most votes this time around. No way to know that. Just because it's something you always do, doesn't mean it's the right way to do things.
You aren't getting this. It really is what always happens. The loser of the runoff always wins. We aren't doign it because its what we've always done, we are doing it because the loser of the runoff wins every time. That's why its what we do. Megna would have won. Disagree all you want. Megna already killed Archibald in votes last round. We didn't need to wait a day watching him do it again.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
You aren't getting this. It really is what always happens. The loser of the runoff always wins. We aren't doign it because its what we've always do, are doing it because the loser of the runoff wins every time. That's what its what we do. Megna would have won.

Well you aren't getting what I'm saying either. You have no way of knowing Megna would have won this vote. No way. If you always give free pass to runoff vote loser, then by doing that always, you can't even say they always win the next vote if they're never put on that vote. That's just logic.

The difference between your opinion and my opinion is that by doing it the way you want, we can never definitely say which of us is right, but doing it the way I would want, we would have found out which of us is right.

Megna already killed Archibald in votes last round. We didn't need to wait a day watching him do it again.

Again, what's the rush? We're in early August with two months until puck drops. Two days make a difference? Well then, we should have skipped #2 vote since everyone knew Kapanen would destroy his competition etc.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well you aren't getting what I'm saying either. You have no way of knowing Megna would have won this vote. No way. If you always give free pass to runoff vote loser, then by doing that always, you can't even say they always win the next vote if they're never put on that vote. That's just logic.

The difference between your opinion and my opinion is that by doing it the way you want, we can never definitely say which of us is right, but doing it the way I would want, we would have found out which of us is right.

Lets do this another way then.

Megna and Sundqvist all but tied for 6th. So we made them both winners. Then we did a runoff tiebreaker to decide which gets labeled 6 and which gets labeled 7.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Lets do this another way then.

Megna and Sundqvist all but tied for 6th. So we made them both winners. Then we did a runoff tiebreaker to decide which gets labeled 6 and which gets labeled 7.

Alright, well as I have pointed out why didn't Kapanen was a co-winner of #1 poll and get a free pass to #2 place. Would have saved time as well since that seems to be important factor here. We should have made them both winners too since it was obvious those two will be #1 and #2. Using a tie doesn't mean anything. Megna lost twice to Sundqvist. You only made him winner since that seemed to fit your opinion on how this should be handled.

We obviously don't agree here and this will be done the way you want, which means we never know how this vote woud have gone with Megna in there. You saying he would have killed this vote doesn't mean anything, you can't prove it. I would have wanted him involved here and your opinion would then have been proven either right or wrong. We'll never know that now. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on how this should have been handled.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Megna lost by 1 vote. It was essentially a tie. Kapanen lost by 91 votes. It was a landslide.

Kapanen got ten times more votes for #1 ranking that other players (outside Pouliot) combined. That was a landslide too. #2 voting was pointless. If time was an issue, why waste it on that?

Meanwhile the difference between Megna and Archibald was 15 votes. Much less than the difference between Kapanen and others. So again, you wanna use the time saving defense? Well then, no point in those early polls.

By the way, Archie now has 34 votes - as much as Megna got last time. Still 40 less overall votes cast. Archibald is running away with the voting % compared to Megna. Yet somehow you have predetermined that Megna would have easily won this one.

Oh and love the "essentially a tie". No, Megna lost to Sundqvist. Simple as that. There is no such thing as "essentially a tie".

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Its clear that you don't understand how poles and statistics work. Let's just drop it.

I understand it perfectly clear, thank you very much. Clearly you aren't even interested in hearing my thoughts on this issue. And your time saving argument had nothing to do with how statistics and polls work.

I already said we can agree to disagree on this issue so I'm fine in dropping this. You wanted to continue this after I said that though.

If everyone who voted for him in round 6 voted for him again in round 7, he'd be winning round 7.

By the way, this has already proven false. Archie now has more votes than Megna last time around. So clearly I'm the one who don't understand statistics here. Okay.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
I went Zlobin, but honestly that's just my gut feeling at this point. I could see Archibald or Murray.

EDIT: Can we stop arguing fruitlessly about a relatively insignificant poll? Everyone relax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad