Prospect Info: Penguins #8 prospect *Reloaded*

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Scott Wilson comes off the board at number 7. Added Adam Clendening. Defense prospects have become quite rare in our system.

2015 poll results:
#1 Matt Murray (54.48%)
#2 Daniel Sprong (40.14%)
#3 Oskar Sundqvist (50.00%)
#4 Brian Dumoulin (83.33%)
#5 Tristan Jarry (36.73%)
#6 Dominik Simon (37.08%)
#7 Scott Wilson (45.59%)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Guentzel. Seems like we forget about these college guys until they turn pro. I'm cool with him and Sheary in next two spots. Boom or bust time.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Is it just me or does anyone else think Guentzel's first two collegiate seasons are being very overlooked here? Almost a ppg his rookie season and then over a ppg his sophomore year is pretty impressive. Most college players don't produce like that until their junior or senior years.

Also add Byron.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Weird how Clendening was as been considered one of the BHawks top prospects over the past couple of years but on our weak crop of prospects, he hasn't even cracked the top 8 yet. Something tells me we're selling him short.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Is it just me or does anyone else think Guentzel's first two collegiate seasons are being very overlooked here? Almost a ppg his rookie season and then over a ppg his sophomore year is pretty impressive. Most college players don't produce like that until their junior or senior years.

Also add Byron.

Agreed. Guentzel is a bit underrated here while probably having the second highest upside of our forward prospects after Sprong.

In addition to the two good college seasons, Guentzel was also USHL rookie of the year during his draft season. Some other players getting that award since 2005: Okposo, Pacioretty, A.Lee and Gaudreau. Sure there's some busts on the list too but still that's some impressive group to be in. And Guentzel had higher PPG than any of those guys listed here did in their one and only USHL season. Guentzel had a point more than Gaudreau did in the same amount of games. And his college seasons so far have been pretty comparable too.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Also add Byron.

Agreed.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Agreed. Guentzel is a bit underrated here while probably having the second highest upside of our forward prospects after Sprong.

In addition to the two good college seasons, Guentzel was also USHL rookie of the year during his draft season. Some other players getting that award since 2005: Okposo, Pacioretty, A.Lee and Gaudreau. Sure there's some busts on the list too but still that's some impressive group to be in. And Guentzel had higher PPG than any of those guys listed here did in their one and only USHL season. Guentzel had a point more than Gaudreau did in the same amount of games. And his college seasons so far have been pretty comparable too.

Ok ok i was ignorant about Jake until i read this, next vote i'll pick him instead of the giant mutant Russian...

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Weird how Clendening was as been considered one of the BHawks top prospects over the past couple of years but on our weak crop of prospects, he hasn't even cracked the top 8 yet. Something tells me we're selling him short.

Time will do that. Two years ago his poor skating was less of an issue due to his age and "potential" as he continued to develop. Now... it's still an issue and his shine is starting to dull - for valid reasons.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Rust/Sheary/Guentzel in any order.

Segalla should have been added a long time ago. Add Kuhnhackl, again.

I like Guentzel for the high upside. He could be a scoring line winger for sure. I have Rust and Guentzel well ahead of Sheary, who I will have to see it to believe it in the NHL.

Segalla is a fringe top 10 prospect for us this year IMO. Know his dad a bit, they are good people, and he is a solid physical stay at home defenseman.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
Guentzel for the 3rd time. It seems like he's not that physically gifted, which means he does it with smarts and you can't develop that.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Am I the only one that believes that Sheary will get a couple call-ups this year and will eventually establish himself on the team as a 3rd line scoring winger next year?

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Am I the only one that believes that Sheary will get a couple call-ups this year and will eventually establish himself on the team as a 3rd line scoring winger next year?

Probably not, but I don't buy it. Hope I am wrong, don't see a real player in Sheary though, and would imagine he's an injury risk in the show at only 175lbs.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Probably not, but I don't buy it. Hope I am wrong, don't see a real player in Sheary though, and would imagine he's an injury risk in the show at only 175lbs.

There are some successful small players in the NHL. It all comes down to his playing style.

Did he get injured in the AHL?

alexfr

Dec 15, 2011
Nova Scotia

Ya I have been voting for him for a bit. I think hes going to surprise

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4