Prospect Info: Penguins #5 prospect

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
As expected Dumoulin claims 4th place in a landslide. Added Jeff Taylor.

2015 poll results:
#1 Matt Murray (54.48%)
#2 Daniel Sprong (40.14%)
#3 Oskar Sundqvist (50.00%)
#4 Brian Dumoulin (83.33%)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Going with Jarry because his upside is starting goalie. These other guys are mostly either small role players or significant long shots for the top 6.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Between Guentzel, Simon and Sheary for me.

Going with Simon because I think he has the highest upside.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
How much NHL upside does Sheary have?

I can't really decide between Guentzel or Jarry.

Add Byron.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
How much NHL upside does Sheary have?

I can't really decide between Guentzel or Jarry.

Add Byron.
I like him. He definitely can skate and has some skill. He also goes into the middle of the ice and plays without fear.

Smaller players are thriving right now so who knows. He reminds me a little of Read on
Philly.

Guentzel is shifty fast and undersized too. More of a two way playmaker. I think he ends up as a Matt Cullen or Kreuger type.

Add Tiff...

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Scott Wilson is the man for me in this lineup. If he stays healthy, the guy is going to be a real solid mid-6 forward IMO. Does everything well, nothing great, except maybe his passing game - that's a high level skill he has. Good D, works hard in the corners, has some physicality to his game, decent shot, and a lot of smarts and determination.

Wilson is going to surprise a bunch of you this winter.

And having seen Jarry in person a couple times now, and based on the season he just had the guy is not even close to ready, if he ever even will be. I like the upside, it's higher than Wilson's, but it's no sure thing. Whereas Wilson is IMO at least a solid 3rd liner if he can stay healthy. Be nice to see him add another 5 pr 10 pounds this summer...

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Voted Sheary, looks like it's going to be Jarry winning though.

I like Simon too, it should be a close one between him & Sheary next round.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Scott Wilson is the man for me in this lineup. If he stays healthy, the guy is going to be a real solid mid-6 forward IMO. Does everything well, nothing great, except maybe his passing game - that's a high level skill he has. Good D, works hard in the corners, has some physicality to his game, decent shot, and a lot of smarts and determination.

Wilson is going to surprise a bunch of you this winter.

And having seen Jarry in person a couple times now, and based on the season he just had the guy is not even close to ready, if he ever even will be. I like the upside, it's higher than Wilson's, but it's no sure thing. Whereas Wilson is IMO at least a solid 3rd liner if he can stay healthy. Be nice to see him add another 5 pr 10 pounds this summer...

I hope you are right with Wilson. I wouldn't say he is at least a solid 3rd liner. That would make him our best forward prospect since Staal (other than Bennett who is still a question mark).

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I hope you are right with Wilson. I wouldn't say he is at least a solid 3rd liner. That would make him our best forward prospect since Staal (other than Bennett who is still a question mark).

And a Great Day For Hockey to you Shady. I am still pulling for Beu.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
Is Simon really that good or just shiny new toy syndrome? Guentzel has put up some serious points in the NCAA, 34 in 37 and this past year 39 in 36 while doubling his goals.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
And a Great Day For Hockey to you Shady. I am still pulling for Beu.

As am I. While this prospect list looks a little sad, it does at least have a few guys close to contributing in the NHL. I think at least one of Rust, Wilson, Sheary, Guentzel could pan out.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
As am I. While this prospect list looks a little sad, it does at least have a few guys close to contributing in the NHL. I think at least one of Rust, Wilson, Sheary, Guentzel could pan out.

I am a little more optimistic than you, I think there are 2 players in that group.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would add Nikita Pavlychev. Forget his draft status as a seventh rounder. He's a 6'7" center who has already been exposed to North American hockey at a fairly high level.

I think we have a steal here.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Wilson, easily. Massively underrated it appears. Proven himself at the AHL level already and looked good in the NHL despite being injured.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wilson, easily. Massively underrated it appears. Proven himself at the AHL level already and looked good in the NHL despite being injured.

It's interesting to see how massively out to lunch many on here are with Wilson. He will show em' soon.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Is Simon really that good or just shiny new toy syndrome? Guentzel has put up some serious points in the NCAA, 34 in 37 and this past year 39 in 36 while doubling his goals.

Simon is very skilled and makes good decisions.Imo he's much better than Guentzel.
And...he's very hot too.Probably the most handsome penguin currently?
14022205t.jpg

:laugh:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Simon's numbers are impressive in the Czech league plus has played for the senior team internationally. I don't think there is really a wrong answer at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00