Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Red Wings 1 - Purple Tape and iPads and Superstars, Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My favourite moment of the game was Sprong hustling back on that breakaway to collect the pass that Dumo slightly deflected and get it out of danger. That's the sort of play people were doubting we'd get. Its there, its awesome, and I'm confident more goals are coming from him.

He's been playing D first so Sully won't send him back down and it's fine...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's alright, that setup by Hags was a fluke though. It's gonna be a lot of Geno having to do it all.

Perhaps, but when he doesn't have to do the lion's share of the dirty work playing with Phil and a midget, there's probably a better chance he'll do just that . . .

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Great game from the big 3. Sheahan looks to be slowly growing into something more than what he was when he got here.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Quick take on the game:

YAS. Sid, Kessel, Geno were really damn good. Led the team to victory. Maatta was great. Dumo was solid. Jarry with a great rebound game. PK was terrific. Just keep this rollin' boys. Keep this rollin!

Now time to go to the gym. Enjoy your day, folks! :yo:

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Maatta played less than Hunwick, that should not happen. There's lots to be happy about but come on Sully!

Reactions: KIRK

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
What is amazing about Geno's performance is that he got to play with "leftovers" linemates and by the eye test(not sure where you can check the numbers) that line played mostly against the Wings' first line AND with Hunwick-Oleksiak pairing behind them. I mean...he's got to play almost like a superhero.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I was really impressed with Maatta and shultz tonight, great work together, taking puck out of zone, good support, pinching, just great, Letang and dumo had ups and downs, but with good forechecking they should be good, our third pair is scary though

Jake looked OK pivoting that third line, although he did not play as much due to all the penalties, this maybe the best bench management I've seen this year. Lines well set, but also timely mix up double shifting...

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
One would think they might make that tape in gold, black, or yellow...

Also, who knew the secret to getting Crosby engaged in the season was tape related

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
WOKEN CROSBY . . .

matt-hardy-696x392.jpg

Prepare the fields for massacre...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kane-Malkin-Hornqvist would be better ;)

If Kane's going with Geno, I'd prefer to have
Kane-G-Rust
Kane doing a lot of Hornqvist things, just faster with better hands....would rather see those two split up

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Seriously? That’s moronic.

Yeah, I mean Hunwick is mobile and can make a good first pass but he's reckless with the puck and scrambles out of position far too often. It drives me nuts.

Treent1

Jun 5, 2017
One reason I don't want new 3rd line center because Sullivan will use Malkin as offensive player only. He has always bee much more engaged when they use him everywhere.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
+++Big guns
Geno, Sid, Kessel, Letang I noticed every time they stepped on the ice. That’s how they need to play for us to three peat.
+++Top 4 LHD
Dumoulin and Maatta do the little stuff that you can see live. Stick position, positioning, pinching, pucks on net.
++Jarry
Another great game by him. He’s racking up wins.
+Sheahan
Lowkey great game. He’s a great 4C for this team.
+Guentzel
His IQ makes him able to play 3C for us. His playing making ability is great and he’s a good pker.
+Oleksiak
Noticed him a lot. He’s big.

-Hunwick
Dude cmon. Step the f*** up.

Question: Anyone else realize Sully put Geno out for multiple dzone draws?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
A win. The team still has some concerns but they look a little faster and pushed the play. I still think they need to make some trades but the urgency can lesson if they put some wins together. Jarry is the goalie that really helps the cause along with Kessel and a healthy Schultz and Dumo. Win tomorrow night and at least have some momentum for the west cost trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig