Prospect Info: Penguins #11 Prospect

Who's our #11 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
A bit surprised he didn't go before Miletic or Lafferty.

Are their upsides really that much more to offset the fact he's kind of already seen as a "first call-up" and has seen NHL action?

I was kinda 50-50 on that myself. They did both post higher ppgs in their first season than AJ did in his second, which seems like the answer is maybe, but based on what I've seen I feel like AJ's talents transfer right across to the NHL where I'm not so sure Miletec and Lafferty will have the same advantages.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I was kinda 50-50 on that myself. They did both post higher ppgs in their first season than AJ did in his second, which seems like the answer is maybe, but based on what I've seen I feel like AJ's talents transfer right across to the NHL where I'm not so sure Miletec and Lafferty will have the same advantages.

The bolded is essentially what I'm referring to. Johnson may be a limited NHL player, but his speed and what he seems able to do in the short stint suggests his skillset will at least make him the type who'll see NHL action due to that speed. Do the other guys have enough skill to compensate for not necessarily being "elite" at any one thing?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The bolded is essentially what I'm referring to. Johnson may be a limited NHL player, but his speed and what he seems able to do in the short stint suggests his skillset will at least make him the type who'll see NHL action due to that speed. Do the other guys have enough skill to compensate for not necessarily being "elite" at any one thing?

Again, 50-50. I'm not entirely sure Johnson ends up a limited NHL player either. He probably does but I doubt he's done improving and he's got a few more tools than just his speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad