Prospect Info: Penguins #10 prospect

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Jake Guentzel with a clear win for 9th place. One more left to round out the top 10. Added Ryan Segalla.

2015 poll results:
#1 Matt Murray (54.48%)
#2 Daniel Sprong (40.14%)
#3 Oskar Sundqvist (50.00%)
#4 Brian Dumoulin (83.33%)
#5 Tristan Jarry (36.73%)
#6 Dominik Simon (37.08%)
#7 Scott Wilson (45.59%)
#8 Conor Sheary (34.12%)
#9 Jake Guentzel (47.06%)

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Voted for the younger & taller super mutant. I consider that in a few years he might very well be equal or above most of the others still listed.

Long shot but if he pans out... Watch out!

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Rust never sleeps.

I still can't believe many of you put Sheary and Simon ahead of him and Wilson... He's a sure thing to have a career in the NHL baring injury as far as I am concerned. Although Wilson has a higher ceiling.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Going with Rust. Followed by Clendening and Blueger.

Add Dominik Uher.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I feel that Rust can be a TK type but I like Tiffels here. More upside and he can really skate.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Clendening has 11 votes...
1392.gif

Voted Bļugers because of personal preference, but Rust is probably the 'right' answer here.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
If what they say about Clendening is true (that he is awful defensively and can basically only skate in a straight line) then he will never become anything. If you're not going to hit anyone at least you need to be mobile to get your stick in passing lanes and funnel forwards away from the slot...

I don't think Rust has much upside because he generally lacks skills but he has hustle and is NHL ready so I want him in my top 10.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Yeah it's frustrating that Clender Surprise can make hard core tape to tape passes but can hardly stop them at this point in time.

Maybe some skating lessons (+ power skating?) would give him a chance at a NHL future.

crosby is the sauce

Mar 24, 2010
Richmond, VA
Went with Clendening mainly due to potential/rankings I read about and seeing he put up great numbers in the AHL the two years before last.

Also TIL Clendening was picked by Chicago's first 2nd round pick in 2011, 7 picks before Saad.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Went with Clendening mainly due to potential/rankings I read about and seeing he put up great numbers in the AHL the two years before last.

Also TIL Clendening was picked by Chicago's first 2nd round pick in 2011, 7 picks before Saad.

Haven't you heard? Clendening is the worst skater of all time and won't amount to anything.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think anyone voting for Clendening has actually seen him play recently.

Did he get worse as a skater over the past calendar year? It's just weird that he was at one time a promising prospect with no mention of poor skating, but suddenly he skates so badly that a grandma would lap him at a public skate.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I don't think anyone voting for Clendening has actually seen him play recently.

Canucks fans saw him play for them and voted him as their 10th best prospect earlier this summer. So he wasn't a lost cause in their eyes. Compare that to their former 1st round pick Nicklas Jensen who was 18th in their rankings. Although to be fair, there's not actually a lot of praising comments on him in that thread.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
So. This board once voted Hartzell as like our 6th best prospect or something. And Tangradi/Morrow as #1. Board rankings mean absolutely nothing, it's just a fun exercise / way to keep tabs on prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00