Pending RFAs

Which pending RFAs would you like to see Chicago to resign?

• Taylor Raddysh

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Lukas Reichel

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • Joey Anderson

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Boris Katchouk

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Cole Guttman

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Mackenzie Entwistle

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Reese Johnson

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Mike Hardman

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Michal Teply

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Alex Vlasic

Votes: 62 100.0%
  • Isaak Phillips

Votes: 46 74.2%
  • Louis Crevier

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Filip Roos

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jaxson Stauber

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • none

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I voted for seven
Raddysh, Anderson, Katchouk, Guttman, Vlasic, Crevier and Stauber

Hoping the Hawks trade Reichel, Entwistle, RJohnson, Hardman, Teply, Phillips and Roos

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Vlasic and Reichel for the big club

Guttman, Anderson, hardman, Phillips, Crevier and Stauber for end of roster chances and Rockford Icehogs

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I voted for seven
Raddysh, Anderson, Katchouk, Guttman, Vlasic, Crevier and Stauber

Hoping the Hawks trade Reichel, Entwistle, RJohnson, Hardman, Teply, Phillips and Roos
Reichel is the only one that would have any trade value other then c prospect for c prospect. maybe Entwistle on a 2 way contract. the 7 above vlasic Crev guttman for sure stauber maybe. I do feel we can do better then Anderson and Katchouk on the roster if its to have then be insurance and play in Rockford im fine. Raddysh agent is probably want to goto ARB (he would get way more there then on the open market. my guess is we do not give him QO

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Voted for Raddysh, Reichel, Guttman, Entwistle, Vlasic, and Phillips

I'm not high on Phillips to be anything more than a 6 or 7 PK LD but that can be helpful for a while until Allan and EDM are ready to play in the show.

Raddysh can PK and I think this year is going to be an aberration. I think he's fine. Entwistle and Guttman are just tweeners but I like them enough to re-sign them.

Vlasic and Reichel no brainers.

Reactions: vandymeer13

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I will be so mad if Raddysh gets qualified. His 20 goal season was the aberration. Plus he’s got arbitration rights. If you think Kurashev’s deal was gross, wait until you see what they give a 20 goal scorer (purely because of Patrick Kane)
You can walk away from an arbitration award. Raddysh's QO is very low ($813,750) and I think he's a proven NHL player at a minimum still below the league's average age. My approach would be to see if he will re-sign for cheap on 1-2 year deal, and then if his shooting % improves, try to flip closer to next deadline.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
You can walk away from an arbitration award. Raddysh's QO is very low ($813,750) and I think he's a proven NHL player at a minimum still below the league's average age. My approach would be to see if he will re-sign for cheap on 1-2 year deal, and then if his shooting % improves, try to flip closer to next deadline.
you can only walk away from 4.5 mil or higher. so it he gets 2 years 3 mil its yours to keep

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Reichel, Vlasic without question. Guttman and Stauber have played decent and are worth another contract. Phillips for ahl and a call up here and there. Crevier maybe on cheap just for ahl. The rest can f*** off.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Think you work backwards

Forwards next year (signed, NHL):
Bedard
Foligno
Dickinson
Hall
Athanasiou
Kurashev
Donato

Graduating Forward Prospects (AHL)
Slaggert
Ludwinski
Hayes
Savoie
Misiak

Various degree of callup possibility, Slaggert most likely to see extended NHL action.

Maybe Graduating Forward Prospects (NHL?)
Nazar

Maybe Graduating Forward Prospects (AHL)
Greene

Forwards next year (signed, AHL, various degree of callup possibility)
Dach
Rolston
Luypen
Saarela

Reserve a spot for '24 1st round pick if you end up with 1st overall and picking Celebrini

If you re-signed Reichel, Guttman, Raddysh, Anderson and Katchouk (all very cheap), with the goal to have them in the NHL, take the 7 signed, take Slaggert, add in those 5, figure they don't win the Celebrini lotto, and you're already up to 13 forwards without re-signing any pending UFAs or other UFAs on the market. Of course most of those 13 are easy enough to cut bait from or waive if need be.

I think you want your 04s to have a path but with the intent that they play in the AHL with callup possibilities (likely behind a guy like a hopefully healthy Dach). I think you probably don't qualify Entwistle or R. Johnson who are bottom of the barrel level NHL players without much potential for improvement.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Either way, this number doesn't impact us at all. We have to spend that money and I like @WarriorofTime's idea of seeing if his shooting % improves and flip him later.
I think history has shown us that the Oppt to improve shooting and flip was last year. this year I think is more what you can expect and do we want to be tied to him for 2 years if that is how the reward goes. KD walked away from Suter and strome I think because he was worried about the award. my guess is now way we QO him. I feel like this would be consistent with KD thinking. he could agree to a 2 year 1.5 before which might make sense.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think history has shown us that the Oppt to improve shooting and flip was last year. this year I think is more what you can expect and do we want to be tied to him for 2 years if that is how the reward goes. KD walked away from Suter and strome I think because he was worried about the award. my guess is now way we QO him. I feel like this would be consistent with KD thinking. he could agree to a 2 year 1.5 before which might make sense.
Strome had a fairly expensive qualifying offer, $3.6 million because he was coming off a deal that paid him an AAV of $3 million and he ultimately signed a 1 year deal for less than his QO. Raddysh makes pennies. Especially at the time, what made Strome such a frustrating player is that he served no function other than bad team scorer. No good team would want to trade for him or fit him in cap wise because he didn't have good depth center qualities and for bad teams (Hawks included) he was just a fill-in top line player and in the case of the Hawks going for the Bedard sweepstakes, arguably a tank blocker.

Washington ends up being a pretty good fit as a team content to be shooting the middle in Ovechkin's last few seasons and in desperate need of a fill-in top line Center to do even that with Backstrom basically retired and Kuznetsov in player assistance.

Pius Suter was in Bowman's last stand to go for it when they brought in Jones, Johnson, etc. letting Suter walk for nothing was a mistake imo. Presumably Bowman felt the Hawks were crowded at Forwards and didn't want a Suter potential arb award against the cap and they likely thought Henrik Borgstrom was as good/better (spoiler - he wasn't).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Vlasic, Reichel, Phillips and Guttman

Crevier i am 50/50 on, He isn't showing much to say "Yeah this guy has it" but he also is only 22 and RD so at worst he would give us a RD in Rockford who can fill in at NHL level

Push comes to shove I would probably qualify him

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Strome had a fairly expensive qualifying offer, $3.6 million because he was coming off a deal that paid him an AAV of $3 million and he ultimately signed a 1 year deal for less than his QO. Raddysh makes pennies. Especially at the time, what made Strome such a frustrating player is that he served no function other than bad team scorer. No good team would want to trade for him or fit him in cap wise because he didn't have good depth center qualities and for bad teams (Hawks included) he was just a fill-in top line player and in the case of the Hawks going for the Bedard sweepstakes, arguably a tank blocker.

Washington ends up being a pretty good fit as a team content to be shooting the middle in Ovechkin's last few seasons and in desperate need of a fill-in top line Center to do even that with Backstrom basically retired and Kuznetsov in player assistance.

Pius Suter was in Bowman's last stand to go for it when they brought in Jones, Johnson, etc. letting Suter walk for nothing was a mistake imo. Presumably Bowman felt the Hawks were crowded at Forwards and didn't want a Suter potential arb award against the cap and they likely thought Henrik Borgstrom was as good/better (spoiler - he wasn't).
the Q O is not the issue its the arb rights. you know that right. if the QO him at $760 and he does not accept. which he will never accept then goes to ARB. he will have had 36 goals in the NHL with a high of 20 assuming he does not score anymore. Kurshev had 23 goals in the NHL when he went last year with a high of 9. and got 2 years for 2.25. so the binding Arbitrator is probably going to say 2.5 to 2.75 which is just way to high.

Reactions: Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Vlasic, Reichel, Phillips and Guttman

Crevier i am 50/50 on, He isn't showing much to say "Yeah this guy has it" but he also is only 22 and RD so at worst he would give us a RD in Rockford who can fill in at NHL level

Push comes to shove I would probably qualify him
Yeah, re-sign Phillips and Crevier for close to the minimum for 6th/7th DMan duties. If they get unseated by Kaiser/Allan/Del Mastro, that's fine, they will likely pass through waivers and can come back up at some point. In Crevier's case, Rinzel will go back to college and Hawks aren't bursting out with other naturally right-handed defensemen in the system right now. Plus, the dude is just a massive human so there's intrigue there to "gamble" on something coming of him as he ages and gains more experience.

Reactions: pvr

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
the Q O is not the issue its the arb rights. you know that right. if the QO him at $760 and he does not accept. which he will never accept then goes to ARB. he will have had 36 goals in the NHL with a high of 20 assuming he does not score anymore. Kurshev had 23 goals in the NHL when he went last year with a high of 9. and got 2 years for 2.25. so the binding Arbitrator is probably going to say 2.5 to 2.75 which is just way to high.
Kurashev's award and cap ended up being perfectly fine, is anyone really stressing about Kurashev at $2.25 AAV this year and next season? If that's the doomsday scenario that we're afraid of, then I say "so what" and would say to extend and go back to arbitration if need be (but hopefully re-sign for cheap before).

The same reason an arbitrator may award Raddysh a higher number than would be ideal (but honestly, the Hawks aren't up against a cap, there's no true reason to fret) is the same reason it would be silly from my perspective to let him walk for nothing. The qualifying offer matters a lot because a player can sign their QO, and if they are worth less, you don't qualify them at that number.

I think there's a higher likelihood of not qualifying Katchouk than Raddysh. While both players that Davidson traded for, of the two, Raddysh has flashed more offense and I think is more able to adapt to understanding how to be a bottom six grinder compared to Katchouk, who try as he might, is a guy who in his heart is an AHL skill player trapped inside the body of a guy who should be an ideal 4th line grinding good forechecker. Of the two, Katchouk is the one that's already been placed through waivers and is routinely scratched.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
as a point of REF the Blackhawks offer was 1.4 years and Kur was 2.65. Im pretty sure KD was shocked with 2.25 coming off 9 goals. he has made strides this year so its fine but what it TR has another 6 goal year do you want him on the books for $3 mil for 2 years. my point is you cannot walk away from ARB and you really have no idea what they are going to come up with. that is why I think he will not get QO.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
as a point of REF the Blackhawks offer was 1.4 years and Kur was 2.65. Im pretty sure KD was shocked with 2.25 coming off 9 goals. he has made strides this year so its fine but what it TR has another 6 goal year do you want him on the books for $3 mil for 2 years. my point is you cannot walk away from ARB and you really have no idea what they are going to come up with. that is why I think he will not get QO.
The arbitrator can only award a 1 or 2 year contract. The party that did not elect the arbitration selects the term (if the player selected arbitration, the team selects 1 or 2 year term). Players that are only 1 year away from being a UFA can only have a 1 year contract awarded.

Raddysh cannot receive 2 years/$3 million AAV. The absolute "doomsday" scenario is 1 year/$3 million if the arbitrator is drunk. Hawks offer was only 0.6 million off what Kurashev got and they ended up electing for 2 years when they could have done 1 since Kurashev took them to arbitration.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The arbitrator can only award a 1 or 2 year contract. The party that did not elect the arbitration selects the term (if the player selected arbitration, the team selects 1 or 2 year term). Players that are only 1 year away from being a UFA can only have a 1 year contract awarded.

Raddysh cannot receive 2 years/$3 million AAV. The absolute "doomsday" scenario is 1 year/$3 million if the arbitrator is drunk. Hawks offer was only 0.6 million off what Kurashev got and they ended up electing for 2 years when they could have done 1 since Kurashev took them to arbitration.
1.4 - 2.25 is $850K different. not $600K we can move from this discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad