Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenBurrito

Apr 8, 2013
11210513_1577342545888913_7430956101252461771_n.jpg

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
He was standing on his head last year and we made it to silver with really weak material team. Always great in the NT :handclap:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
That match isn't included in this. The one with Saros goes toward the team shutout record, though.
Which now stands at 287:47. That's another for the books. Almost five games' worth of hockey in a row without allowing a single goal.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Which now stands at 287:47. That's another for the books. Almost five games' worth of hockey in a row without allowing a single goal.

I want to see some NHL goalie in prime come and play every game shutout -> automatic gold medal -> profit. :sarcasm:

Kipper in prime would've set the records I bet, but he declined the NT too many times.. even 2006 Olympics.

Needles to say that Kiprusoff would've saved the Lidströms shot and we would have gold medal :sarcasm:

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
He is lucky Finns didn't play Belarus earlier.
You are actually somewhat correct, and count the USA and Russia games with that as well. Unbelievably poor offensive opponents contributed to this record. Would not have been possible before the WHC expanded to 16 teams. Hopefully Finland lets this get to their head and perhaps Sweden gets to burst that bubble in the quarters in a massive way. If we dont meet them then obviously i want them to win though, its a beautiful thing this love/hate thing i got for them.

Last edited:

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I want to see some NHL goalie in prime come and play every game shutout -> automatic gold medal -> profit. :sarcasm:

Kipper in prime would've set the records I bet, but he declined the NT too many times.. even 2006 Olympics.

Needles to say that Kiprusoff would've saved the Lidströms shot and we would have gold medal :sarcasm:

That's silly speculation.
Niittymäki stood on his head to drag us into the final, and the times Kiprusoff did play for Finland - he was weak in big games.
He let in two softies vs Canada in the World Cup final, and let in four against USA in 10 minutes in 2010

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Any topic about Finnish players keeps escalating between Swedish and Finnish posters :laugh: Before this, it was Teemu Pulkkinen

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011

I still might be too sleepy and lack of coffee, but how come the team shutout is only
50:42 more than Rinne's personal record? shouldn't it be 60mins more, the total slovakia game where Saros played? so at 297:05

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I still might be too sleepy and lack of coffee, but how come the team shutout is only
50:42 more than Rinne's personal record? shouldn't it be 60mins more, the total slovakia game where Saros played? so at 297:05

No since the USA scored an empty net goal ~3min before the end of the game. That counts against the team record but not against Rinne's personal record.

So the last goal scored (before Belarus scored) on Rinne was at 46:19 mark of the USA game, but the last goal scored on the team was at the 57:22 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad