GDT: PDSF Game #7 - Sharks vs Kings - Banana! - 7:00pm PST CSN-CA NBCSN KFOX - Part II

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
At least the Avs blew it toi. The Wild suck.

Yeah, for some reason the Avs losing makes me feel a tiny bit better. Which is weird because I was planning on rooting for them if they won and the Sharks lost tonight. I guess the Avs and Blues both losing makes me feel like we weren't the only team that choked, even though our choke was way worse.

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
Speechless, heart broken..

McLellan, Niemi, Thornton, Marleau and Boyle need to go. It's time for the Sharks to finally start over from scratch.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If we got Weber for something like Pavelski, Burns, and a 2015 first, we would instantly be the best team in the NHL

Wilson did go after Weber when he signed an OS with Philly, that was speculated by a user who claimed he saw the two of them walking out of a steak shop with an Asian man in San Jose, and later confirmed by some TSN analyst (I think it was either Dreger or Mckenzie, but it was somebody with credibility)

Weber-Vlasic would be like Weber-Suter but look better cause we have better forwards

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Also, Braun did nothing even close to fall back to earth. He was paired with Brad Stuart, a man who should NOT be in the NHL, and still looked pretty good playing the toughest minutes on the team.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
Full stop, Braun should be playing with Vlasic. They were amazing together. Our second and third pairings are entirely up for grabs.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So I guess we're all aboard the Vlasic for captain bandwagon? All in favor say aye. All opposed, stay quiet. I need this to be as lopsided as possible.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah, for some reason the Avs losing makes me feel a tiny bit better. Which is weird because I was planning on rooting for them if they won and the Sharks lost tonight. I guess the Avs and Blues both losing makes me feel like we weren't the only team that choked, even though our choke was way worse.

The Avs didnt really choke. They are a very young talented team that is just gaining playoff experience. Their fans probably will see their season as a success.

The Blues are basically what were from 2006-2009. They still have a long way to go to catch our decade of choking.

We are the biggest chokers. No point in rationalizing this loss.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I really feel for you guys, once The Blues choked yet again, I really wanted you guys to go all the way this year. If it couldn't be us, I wanted your team to finally break through at least. You guys have such a great team, I wish the Blues had many of the type of players your team has. Best of luck moving forward.

Signed,

Someone who understands your pain.

Steenalizer

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If we got Weber for something like Pavelski, Burns, and a 2015 first, we would instantly be the best team in the NHL

Wilson did go after Weber when he signed an OS with Philly, that was speculated by a user who claimed he saw the two of them walking out of a steak shop with an Asian man in San Jose, and later confirmed by some TSN analyst (I think it was either Dreger or Mckenzie, but it was somebody with credibility)

Weber-Vlasic would be like Weber-Suter but look better cause we have better forwards

Weber would cost San Jose a lot more than that. Start with Hertl.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I really feel for you guys, once The Blues choked yet again, I really wanted you guys to go all the way this year. If it couldn't be us, I wanted your team to finally break through at least. You guys have such a great team, I wish the Blues had many of the type of players your team has. Best of luck moving forward.

Signed,

Someone who understands your pain.

Steenalizer

Thanks bud. Blues are my second favorite team, hated seeing them drop to the Hawks especially with the Seabrook situation.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Coming over with an olive branch.

Said this in the series thread but Sharks are a worthy and amazing opponent.

Just a bummer someone had to go home. epic series, great hockey, Sharks have a hell of a team and it's tough to see one of us go out early. Love chilling with you guys here and at the rinks.

I loved the postgames from all the Sharks though, Couture really owned it. Sharks fans should take pride in that--every one of those guys knew what was up and though many will say "blah blah results" year after year your organization is doing something right to always finish high in the standings--just need a break or two to take it to the next level (and maybe a D revamp, but I digress).

Cheers to a great series.

booost

Jul 4, 2007
was as an exciting year as a sharks fan. thanks sharks for the good memories. can't wait to go at it again next season.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
The Avs didnt really choke. They are a very young talented team that is just gaining playoff experience. Their fans probably will see their season as a success.

The Blues are basically what were from 2006-2009. They still have a long way to go to catch our decade of choking.

We are the biggest chokers. No point in rationalizing this loss.

They did have that period from the late 90s to early 2000s so in a way, we're kindred spirits in terms of choking...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Start with, Doug isn't going to even try.

Extremely tough series for you guys.

It's hard to know which young guys are going to become proven winners until they actually do it. Many Kings fans had their doubts about Kopitar a few years ago. Just seemed like too nice a guy to ever have a killer instinct.

We waited 45 years. Don't wish that on anyone.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Hey guys. Was rooting for the Sharks in these playoffs, disappointing result to say the least. I hope you guys don't mind a fan from another team dropping his two cents in here. Before Thornton was traded to the Sharks, he had 33 points in 23 games for the Bruins that season. 73 points in 77 games the season before that, and 101 points in 77 games 2 seasons before the trade.

The Bruins GM at the time questioned Thornton's on ice and off ice character even while he was putting up huge numbers. He decided to trade Thornton and build the team around a young Patrice Bergeron, who he thought was much better to lead the Bruins.

I think its time for the Sharks management to realize that as good as Thornton is, and as many points as he puts up, its time to build the team around someone else. Couture, Vlasic, who knows. This is just my 2 cents. Hope you guys have a better year next year.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
They did have that period from the late 90s to early 2000s so in a way, we're kindred spirits in terms of choking...

I know their history but Im referring more their current core under Hitchcock which is only in their 3rd year together.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
After sometime to cool down, we have a lot of positives but we have a lot to work on:
- goalie situation
- defensive lines (Vlasic - Braun should be top pair)
- mental attitude - we crumbled when pressure was on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad