GDT: PDSF Game 5 - 04.25.14 - at Anaheim - 9:30 PM - FS Southwest/NBCSN - 1310 AM/96.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
We're just so impatient :(

I really want the future to be here now, but I know we have to wait a bit longer. But after these 5 years, it's torture, honestly.

I honestly can't wait until next season. Just to see which one of our young guys step up...which one of these awful vets gets the axe....and to see how the fans react going forward

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
I missed this game and saw a dumb movie instead. Looks like I made the right choice.

I think that this series has a very good chance of going to 7 games. It was only 3-2 going into the 3rd, and I read that we hit some posts. The Stars have had terrible games all year and have shown that they can rebound from them. Home ice advantage will let us get the matchups we want. Herbert is not an elite goaltender, and if we lit him up in game 4, we can do it again.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The officiating set the tone early and continually sapped the Stars momentum through the first 2 periods. You always hear players/coaches say in post game scrums how difficult it is to chase the game and that's the position Dallas was put in by the officiating tonight with the ******** call on Roussel. You just knew the Ducks were going to score on that PP. The TSN panel, like em' or not, agreed both the Roussel and Gogo were blown calls on the refs part in the 1st intermission. Ok, I'm done with the refs and the excuses... I think Garbutt deserved the major, even if Perry only got 2 mins for his 'slash'.
The bad officiating screwed things up by taking away the flow of the game. The first period had very little longer even strength stretches. The Stars were at their best when the game was 5 on 5.

Look at it this way, if Timmeh was in the net for the start of the game the score would have been much higher.
For sure. While I'm critical of Kari not playing up to his contract, I don't mean to infer I'd rather see Thomas out there. No matter what, Kari is the best option right now.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
I missed this game and saw a dumb movie instead. Looks like I made the right choice.

I think that this series has a very good chance of going to 7 games. It was only 3-2 going into the 3rd, and I read that we hit some posts. The Stars have had terrible games all year and have shown that they can rebound from them. Home ice advantage will let us get the matchups we want. Herbert is not an elite goaltender, and if we lit him up in game 4, we can do it again.
strongly disagree on the first part and strongly agree on the second.

Bkennedy*

In the long run, I honestly don't think Kari is the guy to get it done for us in net. He's a great regular season goalie, but this series is exactly what I thought/worried we'd get from him.

Minus Game 3, he's been good Kari...but not great Kari. And at the moment, until we get some real defense, we have to have great Kari to win most nights.

Smalllllllll sample size and basically a rookie in the playoffs.

Bkennedy*

Can we stop talking about next season and not caring if we lose this series? We're playing a game 6 tomorrow. We. Can. Do. This. Now.

:help:

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
THis is a game where everything went the Duck's way. Not that the Stars did anything to help their chances with such a horrible penalty kill and sub standard goaltending.

I believe we will get a chance to make this right in game 7. Have to get back to focusing on winning the game at 5 on 5, and not getting in these special teams battles where it obviously favours Anaheim. I know it's kind of hard when the refs give you penalties for nothing and call a one sided game, but please try Dallas :(

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Still not convinced Garbutt did anything wrong. He may have been trying to be sly looking away and hoping Perry would run into his stationary stick, but seems far-fetched. Unless Garbutt actually admits to it there's no way he can get suspended.

I'd take out Whitney and Gonchar. Put Cole in. It's just a no-brainer. I fully expect this to go 7.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Still not convinced Garbutt did anything wrong. He may have been trying to be sly looking away and hoping Perry would run into his stationary stick, but seems far-fetched. Unless Garbutt actually admits to it there's no way he can get suspended.

I'd take out Whitney and Gonchar. Put Cole in. It's just a no-brainer. I fully expect this to go 7.

Should have been a minor at worst. Perry clearly saw what he was skating into and embelished the hell out of it. Can he be suspended for clear embelishment?

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
I thank Whitney for his yeoman's work last year, but I am ready for that wet blanket to be off this team.

Dillon didn't look himself last night. No burst.

Kari was back to being super deep in net and reactionary instead of challenging. Has to be something about that building.

Garbutt is an idiot of epic proportions. Perry sold that big time, but if you have a reputation, you can't give him the opportunity.

Win or lose tomorrow, I love this team and am hopeful for the future. Fix the D and get a real second line, and this team could be great.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Regardless of whether he embellished it or not, Garbutt shouldn't have given him such an obvious opportunity. Such a bone head play.

This. This. This.

Moronic play. I dont care if he lightly speared him or not.

We need him and Roussel to get under their skin and let them do the punching back to draw penalties. Not have our two idiots take themselves out of the game for long periods of time.

Roussel has to relax. That hissyfit he threw in the box? Anaheim will feed off that.

Brutal, brutal, brutal. Just signs of an inexperienced team.

Jamie Benn can't do it all.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Win or lose tomorrow, I love this team and am hopeful for the future. Fix the D and get a real second line, and this team could be great.
For sure. Whatever griping I have done in this series isn't meant to overshadow how much I already consider this season a huge success.

There are still holes in the lineup but nowhere near as many holes as the team has the past few seasons. Unlike those past years, there is finally a reason to be excited about the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad