Series Discussion: PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think it has to be a big guy, I would say Colborne.

Jones gets my vote. He's the only experienced RW on the team who's worth the skates on his feet if Hudler's out.

I want to try:

Bennett - Stajan - Jones
Gaudreau - Monahan - Colborne
Ferland - Backlund - Jooris
Wolf - Shore - Bollig

Call me crazy for putting Bennett on the top line, but those top 3 have been the most consistent playoff players.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So.... you're saying there's a chance? Good news: Calgary is 4-0 at home. Bad news: Calgary is 1-4 on the road.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
On the subject of "blown calls", that so-called trip in OT was awful. I forget who was involved, but after the Anaheim player misplays the puck, he throws himself at the defenseman's leg to draw a penalty and save face. Just pathetic.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I find a bit of sweet satisfaction knowing that Kesler was on the ice for both Johnny's tying goal and Backlund's winner.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
On the subject of "blown calls", that so-called trip in OT was awful. I forget who was involved, but after the Anaheim player misplays the puck, he throws himself at the defenseman's leg to draw a penalty and save face. Just pathetic.

Perry on Brodie. Just another example of missed calls going both ways. Ducks fans are salty about all the ones they got screwed out of, but they truly did go both ways.

I like Jones on the top line with Monahan. He's been the best at being the first one to the puck and separating it from their defenders. Lets Johnny and Money do their thing with a bit of toughness and size to boot.

Colborne's also been very good for our possession down low. Him with Johnny and Money could be our version of the ducks Getzlaf-Perry-Maroon cycle game.

Either way, Hudler's been invisible and needs to sit. Maybe giving him til Sunday is best, use the home ice advantage now if we're playing without our #1 RW.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Johnny - Money - Jones
Colborne - Backs - Poirier (if Hudler is injured)
Bennett - Stajan - Ferland (if he's back)
Raymond - Jooris - Bollig

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Gaudreau - Monahan - Jones
Bennett - Backlund - Colborne
Ferland - Stajan - Hudler
Raymond - Granlund - Bollig

-Scratch Jooris for a game because everyone that gets scratched comes back and has a fantastic game :huh: (Raymond, Granlund).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm starting to dislike the Ducks. I guess it is the nature of a 7 game series but a small number of their fans are really starting to rub me the wrong way. I just want to win game 4 and see how they react to being tied. It would be so damn sweet.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm starting to dislike the Ducks. I guess it is the nature of a 7 game series but a small number of their fans are really starting to rub me the wrong way. I just want to win game 4 and see how they react to being tied. It would be so damn sweet.

Couldn't agree more! :rant: :laugh:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

They are making it seem like that game was game 7 and we won the series.

The series isn't even over yet, and with a 2-1 lead, they are complaining about everything :laugh:. Guess that's what happens when you lose your first game.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

Their fans are pretty petty, crying about reffing - when I feel like it was the Flames that were screwed more out of more calls.

But I'm really disliking the Ducks because we haven't been able to shut them down. It's more out of jealousy and frustration than any actual events - though I've hated Kelser long before he was a Duck.

Would love to see us tie it up. I feel a sweep would have left a nasty taste in my mouth for the season, but taking a game or two off the ducks leaves the season ending here a little ok.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
To be fair, what you see on the main boards is typically a vocal minority, not a representation of the true fan-base. Same goes often for Flames fans. I think we've all seen Flames representatives on the main board whom you wish would just stop talking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad