Pre-Game Talk: Payback game. SENS in Carolina. Mon 7pm on TSN

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He has a tough past month. Looks overwhelmed right now. Now that Phaneuf and Oduya are gone it’s a little harder to shelter him.

Young players struggle with consistency.. I am not worried about Chabot.. He's made some good strides and oozes potential. I also think Harpur has struggled some good some bad .. I think he gets there too. I disagree that he has no poise .. his poise is a strength imo.
Wolanin is mobile , can handle the puck and has good hockey sense from what I can see so far. He was open a couple of times and the puck never came over to him ... right up the gut into a maze of sticks and shin pads again.
Claesson can be cut loose imo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd be surprised if Smith ever scored 10 goals again honestly

I think the 25 goal year and Boucher using him in the top 6 so often made him think he was an offensive player... he offers very little outside the PK now. I would take 10-15 goals if he was relentless and ran people over ... more truculence :laugh:... He doesn't do that any more.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He has a tough past month. Looks overwhelmed right now. Now that Phaneuf and Oduya are gone it’s a little harder to shelter him.
I don’t know I just don’t see that extra “umph”, that extra gear. Not saying he will be bad or is even playing bad, but superstar any time soon? I don’t know

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Young players struggle with consistency.. I am not worried about Chabot.. He's made some good strides and oozes potential. I also think Harpur has struggled some good some bad .. I think he gets there too. I disagree that he has no poise .. his poise is a strength imo.
Wolanin is mobile , can handle the puck and has good hockey sense from what I can see so far. He was open a couple of times and the puck never came over to him ... right up the gut into a maze of sticks and shin pads again.
Claesson can be cut loose imo.
Claessens play has been nothing short of atrocious. No body knows what this guy is doing. Like the whole team is going one way and this guy like somehow finds himself going the other way.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don’t know I just don’t see that extra “umph”, that extra gear. Not saying he will be bad or is even playing bad, but superstar any time soon? I don’t know

He's going to be one of those underrated Bouwmeester type players. The icewater in his veins gets a bit too cold at times, and that affects how many fans will perceive his play.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Warren Foegele sounds more like a pen name made up by an author than a real name that was given at birth.
And wow that 1st goal was a stinker.
Good for him getting his first NHL points tonight though.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Warren Foegele sounds more like a pen name made up by an author than a real name that was given at birth.
And wow that 1st goal was a stinker.
Good for him getting his first NHL points tonight though.

I wonder if he is gonna get tired of the constant Superbad references every time he plays in the NHL.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Young players struggle with consistency.. I am not worried about Chabot.. He's made some good strides and oozes potential.

Yeah not worried either but likely a little too much a little too soon for him. Don’t think it will affect him long term but you always want to see younger players in a position to do well.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't know about that. The Leafs just crapped it against Buffalo. Sometimes for players it's just a big grind and they want it to end. I'd be shocked if Boucher is back next year, despite Dorion's assurances, since Crawford is in the wings. Now...Crawford is just as bad, and no amount of bringing up the Avalanche Cup run will deter me from thinking otherwise.

We need an experienced NHL coach, and have forever.
Maybe if the team is horrid next year this will happen; in the interim, I like Wolanin a ton and I'd rather he get more ice than Ceci at the moment.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'll say this - there can't be a ton of love for Boucher in that room, because they are playing like a group who has quit on their coach.

I think what happened to Karlsson was the final straw for the team: it's just "WTF" at this point.

I very much doubt the team has given up on the coach. Looks more like they have given up on the season, hard to stay intense in this home stretch.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'll say this - there can't be a ton of love for Boucher in that room, because they are playing like a group who has quit on their coach.

Hard to tell what they've quit on at this point... I know I've given up on the entire coaching staff.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was barely paying any attention to this game and it was still painful to watch. Discombobulated doesn't even do how they played justice. And Andy with another weak outing.

Without EK, and Stone to a somewhat lesser degree, this team is a joke. Let's face it.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The average skill level without Karlsson and Stone drops like a stone. This team has to have the worst collection of hands in the league

I'd say Duchene is pretty close to Stone in terms of pure skill, but he falls short in the IQ department.

If we were to lose 2 out of those three, we're seriously ****ed for the next 4-5 years.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'd say Duchene is pretty close to Stone in terms of pure skill, but he falls short in the IQ department.

If we were to lose 2 out of those three, we're seriously ****ed for the next 4-5 years.

the team looks pretty uninterested no doubt. And they aren't just down players, in EK's case it's why they are down as well. That's gotta impact the other guys.

But go around the league and look at taking away 2 of your best 3 and see who can win consistently. Tampa couldn't do it last year. LA. Florida.

Season is over. Best players not playing. helps the tank.

Stone taking so long to return from what looked like something minor concerns me. it happens to him a lot. slow healer. very slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad