Confirmed with Link: Pavelski extension 1 year

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Cool Cool. Salary down a bit adjusted for his slight decline.

At that price point can't really complain .

Pretty clear this will be a year to year thing until Pavs decides to hang it up

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Works for me, even if he can’t stay on the top line next year, he’s still valuable in the bottom 6

I’m hoping he stays in Dallas in some role once he hangs up the skates also. Seems like a great mentor

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I remember when he first signed with Dallas I was hesitant on the length of the deal, but man he's become a Stars legend. Model citizen for Dallas and production has been insane

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What a deal man. God I love this dude. You can just see the impact he has on this team, and I don't just mean on the scoresheet

serp

Jan 17, 2016

So it's $5.5M just $2M delayed for the year after because he's easily gonna hit that

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Do the bonuses count toward the cap? If not this is an incredibly team friendly deal that benefits both parties. Not sure Wyatt will want to stay next year but I truly hope Stankoven moves in. It's been obviously good for Wyatt. Can't imagine it would be less so for Logan.

He's slowing down some but still productive as hell all things considered. Love it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Do the bonuses count toward the cap? If not this is an incredibly team friendly deal that benefits both parties. Not sure Wyatt will want to stay next year but I truly hope Stankoven moves in. It's been obviously good for Wyatt. Can't imagine it would be less so for Logan.

He's slowing down some but still productive as hell all things considered. Love it.

For the year after if they don't fit on the current seasons cap at the end of season.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Unfortunate he wouldn't do league minimum. Maybe it's wishful thinking given he is still a PPG player and not a 30-40 point guy with diminishing play.. but if he wants a cup that $4M in extra cap space could help tremendously.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not sure why I am getting blown up for posting an opinion.

David Krejci, $1M in Boston.. PPG player

Jason Spezza, $700k in Toronto, couple seasons around ..75 PPG

Patrice Bergeron $2.5M .. PPG player

I can't be bothered to look up more examples, but they are out there. My bad for thinking it would be a possibility that Pavelski might lower his salary expectations in the hopes of a cup.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

I can't be bothered to look up more examples, but they are out there. My bad for thinking it would be a possibility that Pavelski might lower his salary expectations in the hopes of a cup.

I’m pretty sure Bergeron has over 2M in bonuses he’s already hit, similar to Pavs

Krejci also has 2M in bonuses

Spezza, love the guy, but he was more of a bottom 6 player at this time

We don’t have to pay the bonus next season, so technically Pavs did take a smaller cap hit next season

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

It's an opinion for sure, not IMO a very solid argument tho.

Krejci played a year in the Czech league, more or less a soft retirement from the NHL and wasn't a sure bet to score anything anymore. Also his contract is essentially a $3mil contract with the bonuses.

Bergeron, like Pavelski has the salary hidden in the bonuses ($2.5mil for 10gp). That's essentially a $5mil contract.

Spezza's contracts are a good example of cup hunting, low salary ones. Not the norm tho.
Also his production for the seasons just prior to signing were 27p, 25p, 30p.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad