Post-Game Talk: #Pavelectricity foils the Oil - 4:1 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Missed the game saw the highlights. Great to see Pav still hot. He still puts himself way to far outside the posts sometimes. Just a matter of time before rebounds during those times start finding the back of the net again.

Nice snipe by Myers on the 5 on 3. The Buffalo Boys are having a strong impact.

I think that this could be the first year that 100 points are required to make the postseason in the west. Everyone keeps winning.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Gotta give credit to Wheeler. I had my lip split by getting hit by the back of a guy's head (he slammed backward into my face playing basketball) to the tune of four stitches. I didn't lose any teeth and while I had to wait a couple of hours to get my stitches, I know I didn't feel like going back out and playing again and I didn't lose any teeth either. Tough SOB.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Pavelec played in the only back to back situation that Maurice gave both games to the same goalie, two road games against NSH/MIN. Pavelec was playing very well before this (winning more than losing and typically posting good numbers even in losses, our offense was the issue early in the season), including the first game of the back to back. Pavs got pulled after allowing 3 goals on 11 shots the next day and continued in a downward spiral until very recently.

I think you give Hutch the start today and play Pavs on Thursday regardless of the outcome. If Hutch plays well, maybe he gets another couple games down the stretch even if Pavs stays on top of his game, more if he begins to falter. If Hutch didn't play well, I doubt you'd see him again this season, maybe for the last b2b.

That's the way I remember that going off as well. Pavs was playing so well that Mo went whole hog and stuck him in both ends of a B2B. Pavs was terrible the second game & never recovered his game afterward. Would be a big mistake to have that happen again. I'm pretty confident that Hutch will start & have a good game.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
As for the Buffalo boys - fricken unbelievable. Not only would we not be in a fight for a playoff spot without those & other acquisitions, we'd be fighting for position in the top 10 of the draft order.

Staff -- so good with the puck. I have a feeling he's a pretty streaky player, but when Schief, Wheels & Staff are on, that's some line. Myers has to be worth twice as much as Bogo -- what a stud. The other new guys, Tlusty & Stemp, both have been more than adequate & with a few bounces we'd all be singing Tlusty's praises as well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I recall Maurice earlier in the season saying he doesn't mind a goalie playing in back to backs as long as it isn't 3 games in 4 nights. If he keeps riding Pav right through, that would make it 3 in 4 on either side of the B2B and including 3 different time zones. He said last night there were lots of reasons not to play Pav today but would not give the media the starting goalie until late today. IMO it'll be Hutch for these reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad