OT: Pavel Datsyuk in NHL 1994

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Awesome. I was at that game, I remember when NHL 93 was the hot new thing, NHLPA 93 was even better, and 94 and beyond just got crazy!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Owned 94 and 95, played them for hours on end. Eventually threw my Sega out (faulty wires) when I got a PS1. Really regret that to this day.

We played the heeeeeeeeeeelllll out of all those hockey games. I owned them all except NHLPA 93, though I did rent it nearly every other week. I didn't own the Gretzky, Lemieux, or Hull games though, they just didn't compare to the "NHL" line.

Favorite of all time has to be Blades of Steel though :laugh:

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
Growing up in sweden, NHL 94 and the hockey card revolution is what made me a Red Wing fan, not until much later could i actually start watching the games :) The music just makes me happy with nostalgia.

Also how i hated Roenick and Chelios on these games, i would cruise through the season then get crushed by them.

Last edited:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
:( sadly I was 2 when that game came out and the first hockey game I owned was NHL 99 when I was 7 for the N64, lol I played that game for so long I would get all upset that the custom names weren't long enough to spell Zetterberg correctly :laugh: finally in 2004 I got NHL 2003 then in 2007 got my first ever pre-ordered game and have owned everyone since.

on another note, how many points do you think he would have put up if he was 26 in 1994 playing for the wings? the change in the game is crazy, when you watch documentaries on Lemieux almost putting up 200 points only to miss the rest of the season with a disease I have to wonder what would Pav and Z been like back then

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Growing up in sweden, NHL 94 and the hockey card revolution is what made me a Red Wing fan, not until much later could i actually start watching the games :)

Exactly the same goes for me. Followed NHL through text-tv before internet came and hated Colorado intensely.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I enjoyed the goal, but don't see what they did to the video to make it "NHL 94" except for the scoreboard.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Looove it.

I still have my SEGA console and I play it from time to time. I'm never getting rid of that or any of my other old consoles!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00