Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If the Rangers don’t end up trading Kakko (Laf won’t be) they will have Panarin and Kreider signed with Kakko Lafraniere and Kravtsov as wingers. If they don’t want to keep Buch Long term makes sense to deal him.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
If he'll accept either a short term contract (hoping to cash in when the cap starts to go up) or a contract free of clauses (or at the very least a limited NTC), I'd prefer to re-sign him and kick that can down the road a couple of years. Of course it all depends on offers too - if someone blows us away, then make a trade.

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'd rather give up picks/prospects to get rid of Kreider than trade Buch. He has emerged as a legit elite defensive forward, while pacing for 73 points. I'm not even convinced Kakko becomes as good as him.

Reactions: Dijock94

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If he'll accept either a short term contract (hoping to cash in when the cap starts to go up) or a contract free of clauses (or at the very least a limited NTC), I'd prefer to re-sign him and kick that can down the road a couple of years. Of course it all depends on offers too - if someone blows us away, then make a trade.
No way Buch does that.

65pts pace over the pasr 2 seasob, UFA in 1 year... he either signgs a 1year 6M$ contract or a multi year 7M$ contract, both with the Rangers

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'd rather give up picks/prospects to get rid of Kreider than trade Buch. He has emerged as a legit elite defensive forward, while pacing for 73 points. I'm not even convinced Kakko becomes as good as him.

well yes, but Kreider has a NMC. I'd love to keep Buchnevich but then it almost makes sense to trade Kakko so that one of them isn't playing 3rd line minutes (unless Kreider does)

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

He will get a contract that is very similar to Josh Anderson and Bjorkstrand. No way he takes a short term deal unless he REALLY wants to stay in ny

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He will get a contract that is very similar to Josh Anderson and Bjorkstrand. No way he takes a short term deal unless he REALLY wants to stay in ny
What the???

He'll get at least 2M$ more than Anderson. He's outproduced him the last 3 years.

Again, he'll sign a 1year contract woth the Rangers that brings him to UFA, or a 7M$ contract with NMC with the Rangers. He doesn't have a contract, therefore won't fetch too much to the other 31 GM, unless signed to a rwasonnable deal and Buch knows he NEEDS to capitalise on this season before he's not glued to Zib anymore

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
What the???

He'll get at least 2M$ more than Anderson. He's outproduced him the last 3 years.

Again, he'll sign a 1year contract woth the Rangers that brings him to UFA, or a 7M$ contract with NMC with the Rangers. He doesn't have a contract, therefore won't fetch too much to the other 31 GM, unless signed to a rwasonnable deal and Buch knows he NEEDS to capitalise on this season before he's not glued to Zib anymore

Bit disingenuous considering Josh Anderson scored 6 more goals and 9 more points in the 18-19 season, and played hurt/was out for all of 19-20. Its also fairly obvious that points aren't the only determining factor a GM looks for in a contract.

Regardless, no need to twist my words. he wont get exactly what they got (because you conveniently compeltely ignore Bjorkstrand), but something similar.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Bit disingenuous considering Josh Anderson scored 6 more goals and 9 more points in the 18-19 season, and played hurt/was out for all of 19-20. Its also fairly obvious that points aren't the only determining factor a GM looks for in a contract.

Regardless, no need to twist my words. he wont get exactly what they got (because you conveniently compeltely ignore Bjorkstrand), but something similar.

Bjorkstrand 70pts in last 105games, 55pts pace in 82 game season
Annderson 71pts in last 134 games (hell I didn't even count his injured season), 44pts pace over 82 games
Buchnevich 94pts in last 122 games, 63pts pace over 82 games

WHY THE HELL, would he sign for what Bjorkstrand got when he's overproduced him by a 10pts margin over the past 2 season? Buch will either sign a 1year 6M$ contract and get a UFA conract around 7X7.5 (similar to Kevin Hayes), or sign right away an 8year 7.25M$ contract. He has NO REASON to take anything less than that. NYR may not like it, but that's how it is. He's produced at a similar pace to guys like Matthew Tkatchuk who got 7M$ a year as an RFA, he'll get around that, or just leave the NYR in a year and get that somewhere else.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Annderson 71pts in last 134 games (hell I didn't even count his injured season), 44pts pace over 82 games

WHY THE HELL, would he sign for what Bjorkstrand got when he's overproduced him by a 10pts margin over the past 2 season? Buch will either sign a 1year 6M$ contract and get a UFA conract around 7X7.5 (similar to Kevin Hayes), or sign right away an 8year 7.25M$ contract. He has NO REASON to take anything less than that. NYR may not like it, but that's how it is. He's produced at a similar pace to guys like Matthew Tkatchuk who got 7M$ a year as an RFA, he'll get around that, or just leave the NYR in a year and get that somewhere else.

Pietrangelo would have gotten 9-10m in a regular world and only got 8.8m from Vegas.

Flat cap will knock his number down.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Depends if he’s resigned and at what before a deal. But as a hockey trade if NYR go that route, he’d return a good cost controlled 3C and a roster player of limited value on a short term contract to make the money work preferably a physical vet 3LD.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
If the Rangers don’t end up trading Kakko (Laf won’t be) they will have Panarin and Kreider signed with Kakko Lafraniere and Kravtsov as wingers. If they don’t want to keep Buch Long term makes sense to deal him.

NYR should sign Buch guy is putting it altogether you don't trade him....

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Pietrangelo would have gotten 9-10m in a regular world and only got 8.8m from Vegas.

Flat cap will knock his number down.
8.8 and 9M are kinda really close bud... Pietrangelo took a discount to play in Vegas, pretty sur ehe had offers around that 10M$ mark he refused to go play there, the zero income tax helps.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

If he got 7x7 on the open market i wouldnt be surprised. If you really think 5years 5.4m or 7 years 5.5m is that far off from ~6 years ~6.5m then youre just getting angry over semantics

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017

Considering Bjorkstrands most common linemates are Eric Robinson, Max domi & boone jenner over the last 2 years and Buchnevich's are Krieder and Zibanejad

AND buch plays a whole minute more on the PP and in general.

They are similar caliber players and will get the same thing lol

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Considering Bjorkstrands most common linemates are Eric Robinson, Max domi & boone jenner over the last 2 years and Buchnevich's are Krieder and Zibanejad

Agreed, but NUMBERS are what brings the salary contract amount upwards. And Buchs has the numbers. That's what IVe been saying for a while. He'll get a BIG contract from NYR, or else he'll walk and get it elsewhere. He has the numbers to ask for Kevin Hayes money at minimum, and will get it. No other Gm will take the risk to trade good assets for him and sign him for that much unless he proves he can be good when not with Zib, therefore I do not see Buch gtting out of NYC this year, and he'll sign a big deal there cause the NYR like him, and he's worth more to them than to any other GM in the league.

But uch would be STUPID not to sign his big deal RIGHT NOW, as he just got out of his 2 beast seasons ever

Reactions: alasania94

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I can say as a Jackets fan that Bjorkstrand's contract is a tricky point of comparison. Everyone thinks he's greatly underpaid already. He's worth $7m+. His boxcar scoring has been somewhat lower because of limited minutes, injuries, poor linemates, low PP time, and that kept him hidden when he signed his deal.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Depends if he’s resigned and at what before a deal. But as a hockey trade if NYR go that route, he’d return a good cost controlled 3C and a roster player of limited value on a short term contract to make the money work preferably a physical vet 3LD.
Why would the Rangers trade a player who has put up 1st line numbers over the last 2 seasons for a 3rd line player?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

today this very minute $ is not a prob
BUT
sooner than later,
youth will be served and less expensive but signif talented younger guys will force out more expensive vets.
necessary to keep down pressure on the salary cap and = roster depth + flexibility.

well yes, but Kreider has a NMC. I'd love to keep Buchnevich but then it almost makes sense to trade Kakko so that one of them isn't playing 3rd line minutes (unless Kreider does)
Not sure what the deal is w/Kreider got a feeling he's playing thru somethin.

Either way no prob w/him at 3rd line.

b'c it's breadman, our first is:
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin
Krav will play C and AP will go to his natural right hand side which doesn't matter on offense, they gravitate as is most comfortable but helps w/faceoffs and other def aspects so not reaching over on backhand to get the puck

then
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier
Chytil showed enuf given injury. Gauthier was denied by Q, good riddance.
On paper that line works.

So Kreid slips to 3LW and w/more rest hopefully the beast factor returns

At this pt I see ufa Danault for 1-2 yrs only at 7.25 per
we then use Jones at 3RW [explained below]

4th line is Barron/Blackwell/Gettinger etc

-------
we deal Strome + Buch + Zib NOW b'c a team pays more for more production and they get more now then as a rental.

very possible to do 1 stop shopping w/SEA, a topic for another thread

--------
adding some beef, our D is
Lindgren - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Robertson - Nils L

we acquire rfa D Zadorov cheap from CHI who needs cap space
he plays either side and is our swing 7th
Schneider, don't burn a year off elc, but can be emergency call up

Jones is other alternate emergency D

Rangers have only 1 surplus blue chip in LD Jones and we can't trade him early b'c "he may be another Fox" so we have to be sure if that checks out we get full value for him.

However our D is full and we need more tuffness
So Jones, who has offensive skill, as a 3RW w/the right line could be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00