Player Discussion Paul Byron

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
To be honest it would be a crime if we put him on the 4th lines to start the season.

CLaude Julien love players that can play a solid 2 ways game. I would be shock if he doesnt start the season on the 3rd.

The kind of production he had last year while playing with Plek and other teams top line is pretty crazy.

Plekanec(C) + Gallagher(RW) + Byron(LW) was the Habs best line in the last month of 2016-2017, IMHO!!!....

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Top 9 player who is simply a joy to watch. His compete level. His explosive speed. Always a threat on the PK. Needs top 9 minutes.

He appears stronger this year. He will score 20 again.

Reactions: livingod

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe they should try to transplant Byron's heart in Galchenyuk's body ?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

I think Byron has more value to us than he does in a trade.

I'm not suggesting that Bergevin should trade him. Of course he has value to the Habs (and more than that of several of his teammates). However, it should be obvious that his value in a trade has also increased, so take that into consideration.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Chucky will be just fine, he's got a good brain it just needs to mature a lil more, he's the last of Subban and his party minions (smelly-Pelly, Brainfart-Beaulieu).
Chucky has no one to party with anymore, he's gona have to join Byron in the good boy club. Chucky will dominate this season don't you worry, he has a good brain and he will prove it...Trust me. As far as heart goes i think Chucky has heart, what he lacks at times is confidence and focus. Both Byron and Chucky will be dinamite this season...Believe me.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Of course, Byron plays well... and instead of saying positive stuff about him you take a shot at another player.

I understand, scapegoat found already, some people need one, it's ok.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Someone should take notes.

This guy has such an amazing attitude. Such an amazing waiver wire pick up and signing.

Thank you Kassian and thank you Le Roi du Camion ! Without you two, Lord Byron in Montreal likely never happens. It's nice to see it turned out great for everyone in the end and that Kassian was able to turn his life around in a less hectic city.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
A lot people forgot that he was producing at a 15 goal rate the first season he came here. 11g/62 games

He really started stepping up his game the day we picked him from waiver.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Someone should take notes.

It would be ridiculous to think that everyone on the team can have this mentality. What would happen if Tarasenko was played for 10 minutes a night? Would Pacioretty respond positively to playing 8-10 minutes per game? What would happen if Drouin played on the 4th line?

The reality is in competitive sports hard work is never a bad thing. However to expect top skill players to have the same mentality as someone who had to go through waivers and fight to have a legit NHL career (and he's done a great job so far) is unrealistic. In an ideal world everyone would give their all every shift but that's not reality. I am not saying it's acceptable for skill players to float around just that they don't have to rev their engine to max output to succeed. It's just a natural factor of life some don't have to work as hard thanks to natural skill and intelligence.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It would be ridiculous to think that everyone on the team can have this mentality. What would happen if Tarasenko was played for 10 minutes a night? Would Pacioretty respond positively to playing 8-10 minutes per game? What would happen if Drouin played on the 4th line?

The reality is in competitive sports hard work is never a bad thing. However to expect top skill players to have the same mentality as someone who had to go through waivers and fight to have a legit NHL career (and he's done a great job so far) is unrealistic. In an ideal world everyone would give their all every shift but that's not reality. I am not saying it's acceptable for skill players to float around just that they don't have to rev their engine to max output to succeed. It's just a natural factor of life some don't have to work as hard thanks to natural skill and intelligence.

What are you talking about man? The elite players in this league are working as hard as Byron and whatever scrub you have in this league.

Skill and talent without the hard work = Benoit Pouilot!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Byron is a real trooper. scored 2 goals the night before and gets demoted to the 4th line and doesn't say a word.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can see Byron scoring another 20 if put in a position to do so, but the real value of Byron to me is that he can be used effectively up and down the lineup, and he can also play the PK...perhaps even 2nd unit PP.

He's a pretty versatile winger.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I can see Byron scoring another 20 if put in a position to do so, but the real value of Byron to me is that he can be used effectively up and down the lineup, and he can also play the PK...perhaps even 2nd unit PP.

He's a pretty versatile winger.

For sure,he can play with anyone,anywhere and still get chances. A very useful player and his value keeps increasing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad