Patriots/NFL Pats 13-3 - AFC EAST CHAMPS - #1 SEED - Next up - A week off

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm sitting here literally furious at my favorite team for not offering a first this year for JG. I have to sit though Sam Bradford and now Case Keenum when I could have had a potential franchise QB for a 15-25 pick in round 1. Bridgewater better come back.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's moot at this point.

By moving Garopollo, if Brady gets hurt the season is over.

Maybe the plan all along was to keep Garopollo as insurance until the bye/trade deadline.

Perhaps the Gilmore situation forces their hand with franchising Butler and means they can't franchise Garopollo.
What are they going to do with Gilmore ?

I miss the days when you trade a Jim Plunkett or OJ Simpson to the 49ers and get back a boat load of picks

I can't believe they didn't get at least a 2 & 3 and a player to help right now in the D front seven

Brady goes down they will be giving tickets away

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Brian Hoyer was released, absolutely will be back here tomorrow.

Hoyer sucks. I'm doubting the stories of #1 picks on the table for Jimmy G now. No way you turn that down and take a 2nd a few months later after dealing Brissett and Brady banged up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's the value of half a season of Garopollo as insurance in case Brady went down?

The difference between a mid 1st rounder and a high 2nd?
San Fran gets to see him in action and they can franchise him or lock him up long term

Well I will be watching SF to see how he does hopefully well

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm not worried about backup, Matt Cassel still around.

What is Bill going to do with this 2nd? I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop...

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Don't know why people are losing their mind. Kid has only played in two games in four years. You don't get the farm for that. Coach B overplayed his cards. Should have made a move at the draft.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
He sucks, but he's been here and knows the basics of the system.

That Hoyer was a serviceable backup and had slim hope of becoming a Alex Smith type of game manager. Today's Hoyer has melted down and lost playoff games, has been knocked out and been generally pummeled. I'd easily take Brissett and his 12 second windup into double coverage over him

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Hoyer sucks. I'm doubting the stories of #1 picks on the table for Jimmy G now. No way you turn that down and take a 2nd a few months later after dealing Brissett and Brady banged up.
I agree. Starting to think the stories about Jimmy for the number 10 pick were fake news.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
After taking this in my thought is this upcoming draft is supposed to be a great QB draft. So you take a QB with this pick.

What we will never know for sure is what offers they got for him in offseason. Is it possible this very high 2nd round pick is the best offer they got?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The concern i would have is the niners have been close in a lot of games. What's possible for them now? 3-5 going forward?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
After taking this in my thought is this upcoming draft is supposed to be a great QB draft. So you take a QB with this pick.

What we will never know for sure is what offers they got for him in offseason. Is it possible this very high 2nd round pick is the best offer they got?

I never did believe that "won't trade him for 4 1sts" nonsense from Schefter. Entirely possible that they didn't get a good offer.

Still, a 2nd and nothing else, in a league where QB play is paramount, just seems weak.

That being said, Jeff Howe did mention that it clears the way for them to tag Butler this offseason. I know he was miffed about the Gilmore signing, but all reports have been that there's no mutual intrest about a deal this offseason.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If Cleveland finishes with the worst record and SF second worst, then the first round goes: 1.1: Cleveland 1.2: SF.

But in the 2nd round the order switches to make it fair for the bottom two teams so it would be 2.1: SF 2.2: Cleveland

LOL. No, the NFL draft DOES NOT work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad