GDT: Patriots at Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Idk.. Offense looked better but they still do way too many dumb things. Bill cleans up on bottom feeders, isn’t good enough to beat good teams.

Bill’s a great coach but surrounds himself with bozos that weigh him down and his roster isn’t talented enough to overcome it.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The real depressing thing is this is what we're going to see for the foreseeable future. I can't see Kraft firing Belichick while he's on the path to the career wins lead. He needs 22 to pass him, so that's 3 more years of a treadmill team that hovers around .500.

And I get it, I do. The run was going to end and we were going to be like everyone else, but you expect peaks and valleys. The thing that keeps you going as a fan is the hope that you're on the path to competing. That's why I've always been fine with the idea of tanking. You've got a plan that may have a low chance of success, but it at least seems like there's a chance.

Reactions: LSCII

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Classic case of stat line not telling the story.

Mac is a dumbass in the pocket. He never steps up to avoid pressure, I stead consistently chooses to roll out and into a sack.

Loss isn't on him, but he has basically zero situational awareness and that was supposed to be his strong suit.

Mac isn't a complete lost cause, but they've given him a coaching staff that has no ability to develop him.

I feel like he could still absolutely be Kirk Cousins, but that means he needs a top 5 RB and top 5 WR to make that happen.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
False.

But unlike you, I have eyes. And when it mattered the most? Lazy line. Pierre Strong brain fart. Terrible punt. Meyers and Nelson not catching good balls. I'll let that one decision of non awareness in the pocket slide. Mac is not the reason we lost tonight.

He looked pretty good 28-39 382. 2 TD's no INTS.

Can't complain.
Yes special teams sucked, yes the defense took a dumb penalty but the offense still put up a big fat 0 in the 4th quarter of what ended in a 1 possession game. The game was still there to be won despite the undisciplined football other areas of the team were playing. Mac took two bad sacks in the final 2 drives because his pocket presence is awful. Stats are meaningless, when the first read was open like they were tonight, any qb could put up good numbers but it's good that Mac finally had a game with better numbers than Zappe.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
The league is rigging games for Minnesota?
This game was the absolute dream from a national perspective. Patriots losing in heart wrenching fashion is the ideal outcome for the entire country outside of NE. The Patriots are the most hated team in North American sports, not that hard to understand. The league put on a show tonight, and a good one for anyone who isn't a Pats fan.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Sad thing is, every loss they've had this season outside of CHI has been a winnable game. Shouldve won tonight, absolutely should've beaten GB. MIA goes way differently if they called f***ing PI on that opening possession INT in the end zone. Hell even against BAL they were in it until Mac pissed down his leg in the 4th Q.

They desperately need real offensive guys coaching on that side of the ball. The Patricia/Judge thing hasn't worked. Let Matt coach the OLine or something and move Judge back to ST.

Case in point tonight. Offense moving, get screwed on the overturned TD. Didn't throw a single ball to a TE the rest of the game. Just zero game feel from Patricia.

Reactions: LouJersey and CDJ

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The real depressing thing is this is what we're going to see for the foreseeable future. I can't see Kraft firing Belichick while he's on the path to the career wins lead. He needs 22 to pass him, so that's 3 more years of a treadmill team that hovers around .500.

And I get it, I do. The run was going to end and we were going to be like everyone else, but you expect peaks and valleys. The thing that keeps you going as a fan is the hope that you're on the path to competing. That's why I've always been fine with the idea of tanking. You've got a plan that may have a low chance of success, but it at least seems like there's a chance.
Can’t Kraft at least say Bill we want a more “collaborative effort” next year and make him hire some more legitimate staff.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Special teams were awful, offensive line fell apart when they needed them to be strong, Mac just doesn’t have that sixth sense in the pocket, as soon as it collapse 9 times out of 10 he is getting sacked.

They are what they are, an average overall team with a better defense than offense.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Mac isn't a complete lost cause, but they've given him a coaching staff that has no ability to develop him.

I feel like he could still absolutely be Kirk Cousins, but that means he needs a top 5 RB and top 5 WR to make that happen.
Stevenson looking like a top 5 RB more and more.

They need to find that guy at WR though. Meyers is a good piece, but he's not a #1. The rest are spare parts.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This game was the absolute dream from a national perspective. Patriots losing in heart wrenching fashion is the ideal outcome for the entire country outside of NE. The Patriots are the most hated team in North American sports, not that hard to understand. The league put on a show tonight, and a good one for anyone who isn't a Pats fan.
I don't know if you actually follow national media/shows but with Brady's departure they aren't really talked about that much. They're just a mediocre team like most of the league. There is not some orchestrated conspiracy to take down Mac Jones

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yes special teams sucked, yes the defense took a dumb penalty but the offense still put up a big fat 0 in the 4th quarter of what ended in a 1 possession game. The game was still there to be won despite the undisciplined football other areas of the team were playing. Mac took two bad sacks in the final 2 drives because his pocket presence is awful. Stats are meaningless, when the first read was open like they were tonight, any qb could put up good numbers but it's good that Mac finally had a game with better numbers than Zappe.

Ah yes all hail the Zappe. Our savior 🙄

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Can’t Kraft at least say Bill we want a more “collaborative effort” next year and make him hire some more legitimate staff.
He obviously can, but I think Kraft is really gun shy about getting involved like that again since that's a big reason Parcells left if I recall.

I'm sure the discussion will be had though.

My guess is Bill OBrien actually leaves Alabama and comes back this offseason. He's worked with Mac before, runs more of a pro offense in college than Patriots do up here currently, and would do wonders to get another HC gig if he fixed their offense.

Reactions: CDJ and Mione134

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Fans really aren’t going to be shedding many tears that the Pats were on the short end of the stick calls wise after seeing them get the benefit more often than not for two decades.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Mondre is a very good RB. We haven't had a legit #1 receiver in YEARS. Give Mac Jefferson, a competent OC and a better o-line and he's fine.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Ah yes all hail the Zappe. Our savior 🙄
You're the one who mentioned stats. I don't think Zappe is a stud but what can't be denied is that statistically before tonight a back up rookie from Western Kentucky equalled Mac's best game in just his second start. My bigger point is that Mac isn't that guy. Too many flaws, some that can't be fixed and others that don't look like he can fix.

Reactions: capecodder

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Reminds me of Thielen. He could be a 2 in this league easily
I was going to make that comp but...forgot lol.

Meyers is a 1 on a bad team or if an injury happens. Hes not ever going to be an elite guy who can take over a game like Jefferson did tonight, Stefon Diggs, etc. But he is a steady player who will consistently give you 5/80 per game. Good blocker too.

Reactions: CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You're the one who mentioned stats. I don't think Zappe is a stud but what can't be denied is that statistically before tonight a back up rookie from Western Kentucky equalled Mac's best game in just his second start. My bigger point is that Mac isn't that guy. Too many flaws, some that can't be fixed and others that don't look like he can fix.

Mac has been getting better since coming back from his injury. Not throwing interceptions is important. He had a great game today.

Look who Zappe played against. His stats are lopsided and he's not this savior you think he is. Going forward Mac is your QB and you need to surround him with better coaches, a competent oline and preferably a #1 receiver.

Screenshot_20221125_000312.jpg

This Zappe worship is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad