Player Discussion Patrik Nemeth

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Cap casualty. Not that he's great at what he does, but if it comes down to keeping him vs keeping Lindgren, I don't think it's a long discussion. He's a replacement level guy. Someone should push past him on the depth chart pretty quickly.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Praying Jones or Robertson take his spot next year. Doubt they'll put Nils on his off-side but would prefer trying that to what we're doing currently.

Nemeth stinks and has zero upside. I can't recall someone missing the net like him with every single shot. And not by like an inch or two, but usually by a country mile. His offensive skills are below zero and he just desperately chips the puck out, often resulting in turnovers, when in the D-Zone.

Reactions: will1066

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Hes getting moved for cap space in the summer but I think hes actually been pretty good since the deadline

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Praying Jones or Robertson take his spot next year. Doubt they'll put Nils on his off-side but would prefer trying that to what we're doing currently.

Nemeth stinks and has zero upside. I can't recall someone missing the net like him with every single shot. And not by like an inch or two, but usually by a country mile. His offensive skills are below zero and he just desperately chips the puck out, often resulting in turnovers, when in the D-Zone.

This is pretty much a spot-on summation of Nemeth's time here so far. @Eye of Ra

Nothing against whatever stuff he had going on personally. For the longest time, he was out for "non-COVID-related reasons". He returned to active duty following the birth of his child and played better for a few games before his performance fell again. Honestly he played last night and I didn't even know.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
he cant skate. cant skate, cant play in this nhl.
His ability to play with the puck (read: inability) is more offensive than his skating.

If they gave this guy his disgrace of a contract to mentor Nils Lundkvist and end up trading Lundkvist this summer…

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everyone knew what happened to Nemeth in the playoffs.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Nemeth is exactly the player advertised by Colorado fans. Really impressive that the guy can single handedly lose a series from the 3rd pair but it feels like he’s pulling it off.

When you hear that, you naturally assume there must be some kind of exaggerated bias going on. Then you watch a couple of Avs highlights and the Rangers games this series. Nope.

Last night was a collective effort, but this guy all series long has been horrendous.

Last edited:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Have to think nemeth is a buyout canidate:

Currently 2.5m for the next two years as a cap him, but if bought out the cap hit is 1mil next season, 0 the second season, 1m the third season, and 1 mil the fourth season.

I cant imagine he is here next year after this showing...

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
You guys are making it seem like this is a Ben Harpur situation. Butt unfair.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
his contract makes it difficult *moving* him not keeping him.
and his contract is the biggest problem
I'm hoping a team like Arz will want him if they have issues trying to recruit players. Just move him for Kessels right and let Kessel walk. The problem is some how he got a limited NTC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad