Patrik Laine Part VI: Help! He's Being Repressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Last few posts in the last thread:

Laine deserves a rest, he's played over 100 games in the past year. He should skip World Champs imo, then come back and torch the NHL next season

I hope he skips them too. Rest, train and eat Patty!

I really wonder what he's being coached to do. I know what PoMo says, but I don't believe him.

Many times there is play going on in the O zone and Laine is on the ice but he isn't even on my TV screen. He's hanging back playing quasi-defense.

I'm sure they want him to be well rounded, but I hope we don't round the offensive star power right out of him. Not everyone has to play a 200 foot game, some players are simply goal machines, which is the most rare commodity in the NHL.

Wrong wing (I know some are going to argue with this, but it's been a factor throughout his career), coaching decisions and inept PP utilization. It's like you have someone give you a ferarri but you use it to pick up lumber at home depot.

I don't think that's on coaching. No other winger on the Jets does that

I just feel like they are telling him Defense first.

One of the reasons Patty is so good is that he doesn't play kids soccer out there. He's not just chasing puck battles around the ice, he's sliding into spots where if the puck is won by his team mate he is in a place to receive a pass. I have a feeling this works better with Schief than with Little because Scheif just has way better vision on the ice.

I think he's starting to get a bit tired. Long season, but the best rookie season I've seen for our franchise. Cool and exciting stuff!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last few posts in the last thread:

I think he's starting to get a bit tired. Long season, but the best rookie season I've seen for our franchise. Cool and exciting stuff!

Love having this kid For the next decade but he has hit a bimp (Peter Sellers) in the road. One more Hatty would be nice.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Crazy good season. Kid will hit 60 one day. Also I find it funny Matthews breaking Clarks record being such a big story. Think about what it would take to break teemus lol

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Crazy good season. Kid will hit 60 one day. Also I find it funny Matthews breaking Clarks record being such a big story. Think about what it would take to break teemus lol

Even if you combine laine and matthews goals this season you dont reach teemus rookie season goals xD

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Lmao, I know right?

Everything Toronto Maple Leafs is big news in Toronto. They treat a player they claimed off waivers as if they just acquired Sidney Crosby.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
Yeah Patty's definitely tired but the team not fighting for a playoff spot is probably affecting as well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah Patty's definitely tired but the team not fighting for a playoff spot is probably affecting as well.

He had 6 SOG last game. Laine doesn't look tired to me. Bryan Little is the one who looks tired. He hardly seems to touch the puck the last ten games (at least by his standards)

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Hmm, the Calder thread has gotten even worse. They talk about Patty like he's some pleb, nothing unusual about what he's done. Pretty sad. I wish i could stop reading it.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Hmm, the Calder thread has gotten even worse. They talk about Patty like he's some pleb, nothing unusual about what he's done. Pretty sad. I wish i could stop reading it.

They low key know how good he is. If you go read other threads/polls about rookies that aren't specifically about matthews/laine, some have them on the same tier as matthews, most all have him above marner. It's just that one thread where everyone is aids and they crap on Laine a lot.

But ya, I hope Laine wakes up soon so they quiet down, although now they seem to be arguing amongst themselves about Hyman.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
Because he's obviously not done anything to gain respect this season....:laugh:

Well apparently not enough to convince them. I think Patty has a shot at Rocket next year, if I had to bet I'd bet on him winning.
I really hope Winnipeg wins the Stanley cup before Toronto does, imagine how much worse they'd be then lol.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Pate will definitely have shot for Rocket next year. He will be better player than this year and i'm looking forward to see how much he can improve his strenght/physical play.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
After watching Laine the past last games, cannot but admit how wrong I was about Scheifele. Thought he was borderline elite first line center. Looks like he's turning into a franchise center. Little has done little to nothing and the difference between the two centers are a night and day. One thing that really got me thinking was why Ehlers was the one promoted to the first line instead of Laine (who still had something to fight for this season). Then again with Maurice being the coach, I'm not at all surprised. I just hope the guy is gone after this season and Laine gets to play first line minutes next year. If he's stuck in the second line with Little and Perreault, then we can pretty much forget about Rockets'. This kid needs as much ice time as possible. Was it Maurice who forced Trouba play on the wrong side of the blueline and with a bad partner (Stuart?) the past seasons by the way? If yes, I would hardly be shocked and no wonder if he wanted out.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Hope he takes the rookie point record for the franchise. Heatly's​ 67. Needs a few big games.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013

Ya, Leafs fans are special. PPG is hard to argue and how would Matthews do in the NHL at 18, one less year of dev, 15 lbs lighter? Maybe as good, probably not. I don't think Maurice is doing Patty any favors for him either.

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
Ok. I made a mistake and visited that calder thing at the main board:damnpc:

One hattie ASAP please!!:bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad