Confirmed with Link: Patrick Sieloff signs ELC

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
waaaaat. well i guess if he gets some games this year it could be good for him

Aug 3, 2010
Good for Sieloff.
Although the title has a typo in it, I was wondering if it meant that he signed with the ECHL or his ELC...

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good. Don't think he makes the team this year; he probably needs one or two seasons in the AHL first.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
Love this kid-reminds me of Denis Gauthier with better skating ability.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Interesting. I don't think he makes it full time this year. Or rather, he shouldn't. He missed a significant amount of time last year due to injury. And if he cracks the lineup, he wouldn't be more than a number 6 defensemen. The priority right now should be getting him minutes and the only place to do that is Windsor.

But good for Pat. He made an impression at camp, got himself a contract with a 90k signing bonus, and he'll get lots of opportunity in preseason and maybe get to see a little regular season action if there are injuries.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He shouldn't make the team. He's not ready. His agitation, sure. But he wouldn't be more than a bottom pairing guy at absolute best and we have plenty of those.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He shouldn't make the team. He's not ready. His agitation, sure. But he wouldn't be more than a bottom pairing guy at absolute best and we have plenty of those.

Listening to him today on the radio he wasn't confident he would make the NHL

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
He is not old enough to play in the AHL this season.
It is either the NHL or back to Windsor for Sieloff this year.

he is allowed to go to the AHL because he came from the ushl instead of being drafted out of midget isnt he?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Nice to see him signed. No chance he makes the NHL this year unless its a game or two at the beginning of the season to give him a taste of it.

Zatch

Jul 18, 2013
Lethbridge, Alberta
He'll be in the Major Juniors, for sure. But it's nice to have him signed. I've really liked Sieloff for quite some time now and he really did impress me with his physicality during the prospect camp. I think he earned the ELC.

That being said, I do believe he'll get a look at the NHL level during the early season. He may surprise, he may not.

Aug 3, 2010
What is interesting is that it is a three year deal. What does that mean?
doublerainbow.jpg

Lifeline

Jan 31, 2013
Winnipeg
He played a full year in the CHL so wouldn't that waive the USHL clause about NHL contracts? I'm honestly speculating/asking here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad