Value of: Patrick Laine

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can't say I've ever seen a guy who has 208 goals in 480 games described as not having what it takes to be an NHL player.
I don't think the poster meant skill. I think he meant the mental and physical grind of playing and maintaining a long career in the NHL. Of course all that is speculation anyway.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
What is the issue in Columbus? You look at that roster and depth in the system and wonder why they haven't put it together? Is it leadership in the clubhouse that needs improvement? Goaltending?

On paper, the defense is loaded. That Russian 2nd line looks fine. What's missing here?

If it's leadership or experience or knowing how to hold a lead . . . what are you looking for in experienced NHL players?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What is the issue in Columbus? You look at that roster and depth in the system and wonder why they haven't put it together? Is it leadership in the clubhouse that needs improvement? Goaltending?

On paper, the defense is loaded. That Russian 2nd line looks fine. What's missing here?

If it's leadership or experience or knowing how to hold a lead . . . what are you looking for in experienced NHL players?
Jackets need some more of what coaches often call "glue guys." This isn't a fourth-line forechecker thing or a defenseman who munches minutes but not much more. Legit players who also have intangibles/leadership/play the game the right way. There are too few players of significance between the ages of 26-29.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad