Value of: Patrick Kane

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
I know its premature, but lets say he continues his PPG pace & remains healthy. What is the value of Patrick Kane @ 50% retained ($1.375M) to a cap strapped contender?

Red Wings biggest needs are goalie, RHD or C prospects (probably not picks)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Probably a 2nd/3rd + B/C Prospect.

Kane has a full NTC and isn't going to be sold to the highest bidder, he'll probably have 1-2 Eastern conference teams on his list. Hell, i'm not even sure if Kane wants to go into a deep post-season run if he continues at a PPG pace - I could easily see him wanting to take a full offseason to train and make sure he cashes in this free agency.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Probably a 2nd/3rd + B/C Prospect.

Kane has a full NTC and isn't going to be sold to the highest bidder, he'll probably have 1-2 Eastern conference teams on his list. Hell, i'm not even sure if Kane wants to go into a deep post-season run if he continues at a PPG pace - I could easily see him wanting to take a full offseason to train and make sure he cashes in this free agency.

Him winning a cup and a hypothetical Conn Smythe would boost his value in free agency.

Anyways... Rangers or Leafs like last year

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
2nd rounder. He will get his pick of teams that are interested and thus no bidding war.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
At 50% and at PPG he is worth a late 1st plus something..

IF he is sold it will be for more picks

With the NTC if the Wings are out of the playoff picture it will be Kane deciding if he wants to move and where too. I'd think Florida would top his list of the teams that were interested in him as a contender. They don't have a 1st this year or next. The return might be surprisingly light regardless of Kane's actually value.

There will be a number of teams interested but no bidding war. Adding the fact the Wings are in the playoff mix and likely still will be at the deadline why would Yzerman or Kane even entertaining going to another club?

Last edited:

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
wonder if he would be interested in playing with Cole who looks to be the second coming of him

obviously no playoffs this year but the team is looking poised to contend next year so maybe get a head start on the chemistry

Norlinder + 2nd from the Habs should get it done

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
wonder if he would be interested in playing with Cole who looks to be the second coming of him

obviously no playoffs this year but the team is looking poised to contend next year so maybe get a head start on the chemistry

Norlinder + 2nd from the Habs should get it done
1704239249333.jpeg

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I just highly doubt he leaves at the trade deadline. Yzerman isn't going to trade him for the pure fact that (as it just came out today) he is showing the younger players how he does things and how hard he works to stay great. That is probably the number 1 reason why I wanted him to sign with us because of how raymond will be able to learn from kane. Raymond has the ability to be at a step below of Kane's level with his help and it has actually showed a few times already.

When raymond scored the first SO goal recently, they panned over to the red wings bench and you can see kane look at (larkin?) and nod like a proud dad of his kid. I am convinced that Raymond and kane are in a mentor/mentee relationship right now and I am all for it. So this is why Yzerman will not initiate a trade talk. If its anyone it's kane but I just don't see him wanting out, but that's probably just being a homer or something.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I just highly doubt he leaves at the trade deadline. Yzerman isn't going to trade him for the pure fact that (as it just came out today) he is showing the younger players how he does things and how hard he works to stay great. That is probably the number 1 reason why I wanted him to sign with us because of how raymond will be able to learn from kane. Raymond has the ability to be at a step below of Kane's level with his help and it has actually showed a few times already.

When raymond scored the first SO goal recently, they panned over to the red wings bench and you can see kane look at (larkin?) and nod like a proud dad of his kid. I am convinced that Raymond and kane are in a mentor/mentee relationship right now and I am all for it. So this is why Yzerman will not initiate a trade talk. If its anyone it's kane but I just don't see him wanting out, but that's probably just being a homer or something.
Will he have that same proud dad nod when Raymond lays out his first cabbie?

Kane has shown last season that he will flex his NTC to ensure he goes to the team he wants. If/when he pulls this with Detroit I hope Yzerman refuses to deal him for anything less than first round value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad