Tribute Patrick Kane

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
No one knows what's the situation with fiddy. On the whole he has well thought out opinions if you put in the time and energy required to decode his posts. I don't always agree with his opinions and probably most of the time do not agree with them - but they aren't frivolous excuses to pound a keyboard like many others who fill the pages of these blogs. Every now and then he manages to produce a clean post with nary a fat-fingered word salad - rare but I've seen a few - so he's not incapable, and he's shown he is open to critical improvement with the introduction of paragraphs a few years back after having been the originator of one solid block of text way back even before Kane proved him wrong in preferring Turris in the 2007 draft. So there's always hope.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
No one knows what's the situation with fiddy. On the whole he has well thought out opinions if you put in the time and energy required to decode his posts. I don't always agree with his opinions and probably most of the time do not agree with them - but they aren't frivolous excuses to pound a keyboard like many others who fill the pages of these blogs. Every now and then he manages to produce a clean post with nary a fat-fingered word salad - rare but I've seen a few - so he's not incapable, and he's shown he is open to critical improvement with the introduction of paragraphs a few years back after having been the originator of one solid block of text way back even before Kane proved him wrong in preferring Turris in the 2007 draft. So there's always hope.
He has said before he uses a phone keyboard. It’s very possible he has some accessibility concerns with typing.

I try to at least read through the posts. He obviously has a strong hockey background

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
Fiddy has posted on different messageboards all the way in the early 2000 and has been more or less just word salad. Sometimes he surprises with some what readible post though.

I have given up long time ago in trying make sense what he writes. Its not worth it. He might have good thoughts but come on atleast try to make it readible.

I read first few words and already know who it is and scroll forwards to next post.

Reactions: Pertti and Giovi

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Fiddy has posted on different messageboards all the way in the early 2000 and has been more or less just word salad. Sometimes he surprises with some what readible post though.

I have given up long time ago in trying make sense what he writes. Its not worth it. He might have good thoughts but come on atleast try to make it readible.

I read first few words and already know who it is and scroll forwards to next post.
This is mostly where I'm at now too. If he cleaned up his posts a bit and focused on quality of words rather than quantity I'm sure he'd have a lot of insightful things to say. I just cant be bothered to read 4 paragraphs of spelling & grammatical errors. If he put in an effort to clean it up just a bit, i'd put more effort in reading it.

Not trying to be mean or pile on, just giving my .02 even though I feel like he's well past the point of taking constructive criticism.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I like to think fiddy is taking the study that said people can figure out what you're writing as long as the first and last letters are in the correct order, like 10 steps deeper. One day we all find out we’ve been participating in his 20 year research project.
Until the cleaning person unplugs the electricity and destroys all his data.

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If Fiddy can talk, he can use voice recognition. At this point, it's seems like the long troll game for Fiddy. If that's the case, while amusing, he's disrespecting the board.

If it's true Fiddy is literate on other boards, then he's purposely trolling the Hawks board. If you have the evidence, I would send it to the moderator so to correct his behavior ... NOT to boot him off.

Reactions: Pez68

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If Fiddy can talk, he can use voice recognition. At this point, it's seems like the long troll game for Fiddy. If that's the case, while amusing, he's disrespecting the board.

If it's true Fiddy is literate on other boards, then he's purposely trolling the Hawks board. If you have the evidence, I would send it to the moderator so to correct his behavior ... NOT to boot him off.
His abhorrent typing skills, and especially his refusal to do better, are disrespectful to the board.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I blocked Fiddy a long time ago and never looked back. Forget the others but there were a few equally irritating that I blocked all at about the same time. One bad poster can ruin the whole board especially in the game day threads. Once I blocked them the board became far less aggravating

Reactions: Giovi and Pez68

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Fiddy would post his word salad here while having perfectly legible posts on other boards. It's schtick.

Why I don't know and he's shown a commitment and drive to his craft that only a true master craftsman will ever understand.
For 21 years?

If the guy responded to a tenth of the posts directed towards him, I could possibly buy that this is a performance, but he literally doesn't give a shit to interact with anyone. That's not trolling, that's posting and ghosting.

He's got a few busted out light bulbs upstairs, if you know what I mean.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
For 21 years?

If the guy responded to a tenth of the posts directed towards him, I could possibly buy that this is a performance, but he literally doesn't give a shit to interact with anyone. That's not trolling, that's posting and ghosting.

He's got a few busted out light bulbs upstairs, if you know what I mean.
Yes. He's an odd duck.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7819.jpeg

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No going to lie, I almost wish that Kane set a major games played or points scored milestone just to force Detroit be the ones to give him a silver hockey stick. That would be a chef's kiss akin to Georgetown having Air Jordan Jumpman logos on their basketball jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad