Proposal: Patrick Kane? You guys interested?

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
I was reading some rumour Kane waiting to leave Chicago and I was thinking where he could have the biggest impact*. My conclusion was the Canes since he would:

1. Add a offensive creativity to a two-way team
2. Have experience in winning the cup

So, my question is: would you guys like to go after him? Assuming the cost you assume are associated with it?

* - One could also argue that bringing him to a crap team would change their team more. But winning the cup feels like the biggest impact regardless of the team

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I was reading some rumour Kane waiting to leave Chicago and I was thinking where he could have the biggest impact*. My conclusion was the Canes since he would:

1. Add a offensive creativity to a two-way team
2. Have experience in winning the cup

So, my question is: would you guys like to go after him? Assuming the cost you assume are associated with it?

* - One could also argue that bringing him to a crap team would change their team more. But winning the cup feels like the biggest impact regardless of the team
Interest? Sure. But after our moves and with Necas to sign, we probably now need the whole season to accrue enough space to take him at 50% retained. I don’t see a good player to move in the line up that gives us enough room currently.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
would we like him, of course.

Unless Kane tells your new GM 'I am only going to Carolina' and we get a Hall esque discount, I dont see us paying the deservedly high price. We are a Patches for free type or getting a 1RD for cheap.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Any team would love to add him if the cap hit and cost were right but I think it's unlikely it'd be us at this point. We're pretty stacked at wing and have 5 top 6 types as it is. 2C (Toews) would be a more likely deadline acquisition if Kotkaniemi isn't living up to expectations there in the first half of the season.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I mean I wouldn't say no but I'm also not interested in selling the farm for him.

This might sound insane, but I think he ends up a Buffalo Sabre in the near future. He's won his cups, he's from Buffalo, eventually they've got to be on the upswing. Could be like when JWilly came back to Raleigh to get the Canes relevant again

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I mean I wouldn't say no but I'm also not interested in selling the farm for him.

This might sound insane, but I think he ends up a Buffalo Sabre in the near future. He's won his cups, he's from Buffalo, eventually they've got to be on the upswing. Could be like when JWilly came back to Raleigh to get the Canes relevant again
Most people from Buffalo end up here, so might as well come here and buy his retirement home.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Kane will probably end up at Ottawa for a 4th round pick the way Dorion is feeling himself these days.

50% retained obviously.

Reactions: Unsustainable

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
he’s got deadline acquisition written all over him. The cost will be lower and his prorated cap hit should be easier for contenders to
fit him in. Even though the off-season really has just started, I can’t think of a contending team now that could take him in, even at 50% retained without sending out other pieces.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
he’s got deadline acquisition written all over him. The cost will be lower and his prorated cap hit should be easier for contenders to
fit him in. Even though the off-season really has just started, I can’t think of a contending team now that could take him in, even at 50% retained without sending out other pieces.
Gardiner and Necas for Kane at 50%

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
You can have Bear back, and retain 50% of Kane

*Disclosure - I can't stand Bear and while I'd like to see him return an asset, I'd be fine if they just waived him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad