Seravalli: Patrick Kane wants to see how the season goes, not being traded this summer

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Very happy with this

Also leaves open extension as in season possibility

Reality is Kane said he has enjoyed playing with kids in recent years and seems to embrace his elder statesman role

Wouldn't be surprised to see him extended and wearing C beyond this year as he talked as recently as end of season about possibility of being Hawk for life

He already has 3 cups so while another one would be cool, its not like he "needs" it.

Playing your entire career with one team is rare these days so I wouldn't be surprised if thats something hes interested in.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
What remains to be seen? They're going to be awful.

Probably more of a see how other teams do, their LTIR situations, etc.

For example, say Kucherov gets hurt and they LTIR him until the playoffs, he can then go to Tampa where as now, he couldn't.

Reactions: AD1066

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
"Sources tell me Malkin is definitely going to test free agen......whoops, nvm, he signed."

"I'm hearing Kane will demand a trade tomo-......whoops, nvm, he's staying in Chicago."

It never ends. :laugh:

Don’t forget Evander Kane “Thanks for the great partial season Edmonton, but I’m not signing here…whoops, 4 years at $5.1 million.”

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Would suspect that it has less to do with waiting to see what teams are competitive, and more to do with how he feels about the locker room/QoL. If he's still having a good enough time and clicking with enough teammates why make a change. He doesn't really have anything to prove/chase at this point.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Rumor is Kane was last seen hanging out in the sauna with his good buddy Teravainen eating pickled fish and bbq.

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
He knows very well how the season is gonna go just get traded now man Chicago needs to move on lol

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sounds more like he requested a trade to a contender but wants to see who the contenders are first.

Reactions: Jauffre

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Pretty smart of Kane to be honest. By remaining with Chicago until the trade deadline, he’ll only need to put in real effort from March until May.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Has he not looked at capfriendly? Pretty sure that roster tells you exactly how the season is going to go.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Means he doesn't want them to be successful without him. Gonna screw them out of Bedard.

kaddy

Aug 19, 2009
Has he not looked at capfriendly? Pretty sure that roster tells you exactly how the season is going to go.
It's actually crazy looking at their team. I still think Arizona is beating them, but it's always the same every year with them.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Cheryl Pounder speculating Kane could be a Maple Leafs by season end on TSN (not based on rumour, just her own opinion)

This place would implode :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Cheryl Pounder speculating Kane could be a Maple Leafs by season end on TSN (not based on rumour, just her own opinion)

This place would implode :laugh:
She didn't speculate, they asked to pick one of like 5 teams and the Leafs were one of the options. It was based on nothing. But yes the servers would be down for a week.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad