Patrick Kane shootout goal in the Swiss League

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
First, I'm not "mad". Second, did you read the post? "The only reason why people aren't ragging on Kane" is because they're not playing.

I'd like to think that we've moved past that and we will all appreciate the tremendous talent and skill that Patrick Kane brings to our organization.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
I'd like to think that we've moved past that and we will all appreciate the tremendous talent and skill that Patrick Kane brings to our organization.

....but will we ever shake the what ifs of having drafted Kyle Turris ?

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC

Kane is

- Small
- Non-physical
- Not a two-way player
- Off-ice partier

Sadly, no matter how much the rest of us want to, some people will never be able to move past those things.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
People take Patrick Kane for granted, and it really is sad. One of the most fluent passers and best stick-handling forwards in the world.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
People take Patrick Kane for granted, and it really is sad. One of the most fluent passers and best stick-handling forwards in the world.

The same could be said of Alex Kovalev. It takes more than pure talent to play to ones potential at the highest level in hockey. He's very young still, but to date, Kane has not reached that point and it would be a shame if he ends up as another Alex Kovalev.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
The same could be said of Alex Kovalev. It takes more than pure talent to play to ones potential at the highest level in hockey. He's very young still, but to date, Kane has not reached that point and it would be a shame if he ends up as another Alex Kovalev.

As usual, you don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ Oh yeah, almost forgot that winning face-offs, gritty play, finishing your check are all overrated in this league. :sarcasm: I know one thing certain. When MG disagrees, I'm probably on the right track! oh and congrats for writing more than 3 words in your post.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

Patrick Kane is nothing like Alex Kovalev.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Alex Kovalev is underrated when I read Bobbys post... and I like his 1000+ points with a higher ppg in the POs than in the RS.

He wasn't a floater or anything like that. I get that you don't like euro players. Easy to see for a few years now

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Alex Kovalev is underrated when I read Bobbys post... and I like his 1000+ points with a higher ppg in the POs than in the RS.

He wasn't a floater or anything like that. I get that you don't like euro players. Easy to see for a few years now

I don't give a fat rats ass where a player is from. AK had the talent to be thought of in the same league as the very best ever to play this game. He was that good !! Unfortunately, however, only when he wanted to be - he was notorious for only put out in spurts and rarely applied himself defensively. Kane has the same tendencies, whether you want to admit it or not. Maybe not to the same extreme as Kovalev, but he has not reached his potential, not even close, imo. And like AK, he can be as good as he wants to be.

You folks like to get on HF50's case, and he is too critical at times, but he makes some good points about Kane and others on the Hawks, that some of you rosey fans would prefer to ignore, or are in denial.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Kane took Davos to the final of the Spengler Cup with a wicked shot to the near top-corner.

FakeKidPoker*

Hawks should probably put a C on his jersey when the NHL returns.

Most clutch player in hockey.

Kephiso

Dec 31, 2012
British Columbia
I don't believe that Chicago should slap the C on his Jersey - Toews is no doubt one of the best captains in the NHL, because he leads by example, is determined and also doesn't fear calling his team mates out when he doesn't think they're playing to the best of their abilities - even in front of a camera. (x)

But I do believe that Kane is one of the better players in the game. Yes, he is inconsistent, but then, from what I have gathered, the Hawks did have a hard time last year with various injuries.

Goals like that - and according to a Goalie Forum I can't find immediately at the moment, they are like, almost impossible to save - they win games. And he did show that he is a great player in yesterday and today's games, with his game winning goal yesterday and the assist in today's finale (even though they were completely thrashed by Canada...).
Well, anyway, my point is:
Kane and Toews are my two favourite players, and I think that the latter is better suited for Captain duties than the former - not at least because of his Off-Ice behaviour, which is simply not Captain-worthy, I'm sorry.
(Yes, he has mellowed in Switzerland. But will this behaviour stay once Mom Kane is gone again and alcohol and parties are just a tap away?)

Well, and I'm also sorry if I have misused any words - I'm a German exchange student, so my English may be not correct at all times :innocent:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't believe that Chicago should slap the C on his Jersey - Toews is no doubt one of the best captains in the NHL, because he leads by example, is determined and also doesn't fear calling his team mates out when he doesn't think they're playing to the best of their abilities - even in front of a camera. (x)

But I do believe that Kane is one of the better players in the game. Yes, he is inconsistent, but then, from what I have gathered, the Hawks did have a hard time last year with various injuries.

Goals like that - and according to a Goalie Forum I can't find immediately at the moment, they are like, almost impossible to save - they win games. And he did show that he is a great player in yesterday and today's games, with his game winning goal yesterday and the assist in today's finale (even though they were completely thrashed by Canada...).
Kane and Toews are my two favourite players, and I think that the latter is better suited for Captain duties than the former - not at least because of his Off-Ice behaviour, which is simply not Captain-worthy, I'm sorry.
(Yes, he has mellowed in Switzerland. But will this behaviour stay once Mom Kane is gone again and alcohol and parties are just a tap away?)

Well, and I'm also sorry if I have misused any words - I'm a German exchange student, so my English may be not correct at all times :innocent:

Are you serious? The two players are like night and day when it comes to captaining the Hawks. I can think of at least a half dozen Hawks that would get the nod ahead of Kane.

BTW ... your English is excellent.

Last edited:

FakeKidPoker*

You misunderstood.

The C would stand for clutch

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Are you serious? The two players are like night and day when it comes to captaining the Hawks. I can think of at least a half dozen Hawks that would get the nod ahead of Kane.

BTW ... your English is excellent.

Think you misread him. Toews is the "latter" he refers to.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Kovalev is the definition of a floater, especially in his later years.

One of the most talented hockey players ever, but scored under a point per game in his career.

To compare Patrick Kane to him is probably the stupidest thing I have read on here.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Kovalev is the definition of a floater, especially in his later years.

One of the most talented hockey players ever, but scored under a point per game in his career.

To compare Patrick Kane to him is probably the stupidest thing I have read on here.

He really was, too. No exaggeration. Unreal.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Think you misread him. Toews is the "latter" he refers to.

Yeah, you're right. I really meant to quote the guy who suggested Hawks slap the C on Kane's jersey (which apparently means "clutch" not captain :help:)

And for the record, at no time did I call Kane a floater. An underachiever, yes, just like AK was.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, you're right. I really meant to quote the guy who suggested Hawks slap the C on Kane's jersey (which apparently means "clutch" not captain :help:)

And for the record, at no time did I call Kane a floater. An underachiever, yes, just like AK was.

I wouldn't call Kane an under achiever yet, but I some what agree he is definitely on that track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad