Patrick Kane Discussion Part II - 106 Point Season: First American Art Ross Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Honestly, seems like Kane's line is the only one scoring for the Hawks. Every time I see Chicago score, Kane has a point!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Honestly, seems like Kane's line is the only one scoring for the Hawks. Every time I see Chicago score, Kane has a point!

Toews has 9 points in his last 9 games before tonight so it's nice to see him getting it going. Although I'm not sure if Marian Hossa will ever score another goal again.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I get the feeling a lot of people don't want Kane to hit 100 points this season. I'm all for new blood joining the 100 point club.

Go Kane!

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Unless he gets injured he's getting 100. He's not far off from Crosby's half season 5 years ago offensively.

S A W F T*

Panarin on pace for 30 goals and 75+ points on the line with Kane.

Calder, baby!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Minor grief

With the new thread I think we can get rid of the "26 game point streak" part of the title. Doesn't seem relevant to me anymore

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Common Kaner! I'd love to see him get 100+, even close to Sid's 120pts mark. Such a great talent. And after everything he went through in what should have been a summer of celebration, it's great to see him rebound like this.

Give him the Masterton award while we're at it.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Kane has 14 primary assists so far [edit] at even strength. The next highest on the Hawks is Keith with.... five.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kane has 14 primary assists so far. The next highest on the Hawks is Keith with.... five.

I'm honestly surprised he only has 14 primary assists. Usually playmakers like him have around 60% of their assists being primary.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'm honestly surprised he only has 14 primary assists. Usually playmakers like him have around 60% of their assists being primary.

This will be an excellent smack-talking point in the inevitable Kane vs Crosby arguments over the next year or so.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Sorry, I meant at even strength. 23 primaries v. 14 secondaries overall. Fighting a cold, brain is stuffy.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Sorry, I meant at even strength. 23 primaries v. 14 secondaries overall. Fighting a cold, brain is stuffy.

haha, i read that and was like damn, Chicago must score a lot of unassisted goals.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Kane is playing like a truly angry man with him against the world. He is truly motivated like never before...and I love it. I think he has overtaken Sidney Crosby as the face of the league, even if Crosby is trying to take it back after a slow start.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Would be nice to have an American win their first Art Ross/Hart?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Since the 2005 lock-out the best forwards were Crosby, Ovechkin and to a lesser extent Malkin.Some players had a great year in that interval, but none could have been considered the best for two straight years except those mentioned above.Kane is the first player to "come out" of the Crosby/Ovechkin era with his own mini-era of being #1 among forwards.

It's interesting that the player to do this was a 1st overall pick with very consistant (but below-elite) numbers and a great clutch/playoff legacy already under his belt.I wasn't expecting him to reach an even higher level, the consistancy of his numbers in the regular seasons suggested he plateaued early and would just continue on his nice pace combined with his playoff clutchness.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
He and Panarin have some of the best chemistry that I have ever seen. They have a similar skill set and they can almost read each others thoughts on the ice. You can see them making blind drop passes that somehow end up to the stick of a teammate. They can cycle the puck in the opposing end for a long time. And they can find a lot of room because the other team cannot focus solely on neither Kane or Panarin, because they are equally dangerous.

And they have a big bodied Artem Anisimov was a center who is good enough with the puck and willing to skate to the net and create mask and havoc. He is not a great puckhandler or a scorer, but he reminds me somewhat of the former Soviet national center Viktor Zhluktov who was not a spectacular scorer, but who was a perfect with for two skilled and fast wingers Sergei Kapustin and Helmut Balderis. That line was the best one of the 1979 Challenge Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad