Patrick Kane Discussion - 26-Game Point Streak // Leads League In Points

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What? Can you link them because he and his line have carried the team for a majority of our games so far.

I'm assuming he's referring to things like on-ice shooting percentage and his own shooting percentage, which are a little high right now. Though his own isn't too out of line with what he's done the last four seasons, and he's playing with better players than before which might account for at least part of the on-ice save percentage.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kane is definitely having an impressive season, but there are a number of statistical indicators that Kane's offensive impact may not be as great as his point totals indicate.

Are you talking about stuff like PSh% and OSh%, or are you talking about newer projects like scoring chance involvement?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He only needs 5 points in the next 20 games to match match last year... Which just so happened to be leading the league in scoring at the time of injury.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
41 points in 41 games is what he'll need to hit 100.

42 points would put him at exactly a career point per game (658 points in 658 games).

So assuming he plays all 82 games this year, 101 points is the ideal minimum. A little more might be needed for the Art Ross though. Depends on how hot Benn and Seguin are in the second half.

Kane's on pace for 118 (not likely)

Benn's on pace for 102

Seguin's on pace for 98

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
How often does the points leader at the season mid-point actually go on to win the Art Ross? I'd be curious to know how often that has happened in the salary cap era.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
How often does the points leader at the season mid-point actually go on to win the Art Ross? I'd be curious to know how often that has happened in the salary cap era.
What constitutes "mid-point", certain date or amount of games played by Art Ross winner?

By GP. Crosby in '07, Malkin in '09, Sedin in '10, Crosby in '14.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
What constitutes "mid-point", certain date or amount of games played by Art Ross winner?

By GP. Crosby in '07, Malkin in '09, Sedin in '10, Crosby in '14.

41 games. Literally the mid point of the season.

So 4/10 seasons. 40% is pretty good odds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad