Patrick Jarrett

• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
He was a major prospect when he first came into the OHL.

However he also has major attitude and commitment issues. He demanded to be traded (unheard of in the OHL) a couple of years back, which raised a lot of eyebrows.

I've seen him play, and he seemed very lazy and uninterested. Doubt that will ever translate into a good pro career.

Apparantly, he had a decent year in Owen Sound though, I could be wrong.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Put it this way.

Nashville, one of the most center-starved teams in the league at both the NHL and prospect level...didn't even bother to TRY to sign him, despite his terrific production. He then went undrafted two straight years after re-entering, again...despite great point totals, good size and good skating.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Mackattack said:
He was a major prospect when he first came into the OHL.

However he also has major attitude and commitment issues. He demanded to be traded (unheard of in the OHL) a couple of years back, which raised a lot of eyebrows.

I've seen him play, and he seemed very lazy and uninterested. Doubt that will ever translate into a good pro career.

Apparantly, he had a decent year in Owen Sound though, I could be wrong.

He also had an undiagnosed heart condition which was effecting his play on the ice. But that is fixed now.

I disagree that he may not have a good pro career, but I do agree that he isn't an NHL player. I think he's a Don Maclean kind of guy. He could end up being a good AHL player, a guy who eventually a team will give a chance to make their 4th line, but ultimately he'll always be an AHL'er. He's skilled offensively, he's a good skater, but just something is missing.

bean7

May 18, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I've seen Patrick play enough times to know that you can no longer question his attitude and committment. He was one of Owen Sound's most productive players in the playoffs while playing injured. In fact, he won 5 awards at the Attack's year end banquet including Most Player of the Game Awards, Leadership and Perseverance Award and Playoff MVP

While he hasn't developed into the player he was projected to be (he was drafted 1st overall in the OHL draft), I agree with Brock that he will have a solid pro career - although not at the NHL level.

A Good Flying Bird*

nomorekids said:
Put it this way.

Nashville, one of the most center-starved teams in the league at both the NHL and prospect level...didn't even bother to TRY to sign him, despite his terrific production. He then went undrafted two straight years after re-entering, again...despite great point totals, good size and good skating.

Which doesn't jive with what others are saying about his recent play with Owen Sound, since repairing a heart condition.

Anyway, he and Robin Big Snake are at the Wings camp and seem to be the most intriguing of the unsigned invites

Thanks for all your help, folks.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
TinCanCommunications said:
Which doesn't jive with what others are saying about his recent play with Owen Sound, since repairing a heart condition.

Anyway, he and Robin Big Snake are at the Wings camp and seem to be the most intriguing of the unsigned invites

Thanks for all your help, folks.
i'm just saying...take it for what it's worth. poile values prospects...but he let this one go out the door, despite seemingly filling a need at least at the AHL level.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Many Owen Sound Attack fans have a love affair with Jarrett in which they glorify his mediocre skill level.

A Good Flying Bird*

nomorekids said:
i'm just saying...take it for what it's worth. poile values prospects...but he let this one go out the door, despite seemingly filling a need at least at the AHL level.

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that there seem to be differing views on his work ethic.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
RuzickaFan23 said:
Many Owen Sound Attack fans have a love affair with Jarrett in which they glorify his mediocre skill level.

Probably because he's come through hurdle after hurdle in terms of heart problems, other injuries, being blasted on national televison etc.

Jarrett is a guy who gave 110% at alll times for Owen Sound. A true leader, never gave up on a play and was always there for his teammates. It would warm my heart to see him latch on somewhere.

Sometimes I'll take a guy like that with mediocre skill level who gives everything he has for his team over some differently prioritized higher profile members of the Atack like mentioned in your username.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Jarrett's commitment and leadership on and off the ice is mentioned in the same breath as former Attacker Dan Snyder...so I don't think you can judge his commitment anymore.
His play did hit the wall during his problems with his heart...bad development time in his career to have stalled, I think he could end up being a late blooming NHLer...

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
GagneOwnsYou said:
Probably because he's come through hurdle after hurdle in terms of heart problems, other injuries, being blasted on national televison etc.

Jarrett is a guy who gave 110% at alll times for Owen Sound. A true leader, never gave up on a play and was always there for his teammates. It would warm my heart to see him latch on somewhere.

Sometimes I'll take a guy like that with mediocre skill level who gives everything he has for his team over some differently prioritized higher profile members of the Atack like mentioned in your username.

Jarrett's work ethic is decent and he is a leader, I wasn't disputing that at all. His story is great as well.

Just offering up my opinion on his skill level, no one has to agree. :)

Don't worry, the situation I mentioned is a common one in hockey everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad