Value of: Patches to T.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Brown is better than half your wingers. Dermott is Mete 2.0 but bigger. I agree that wont do it.

Mtl needs a center..so there we dont have a match UNLESS Bozak/Kadri involved but Torontos center depth is bad so no sense there.

I dont see it happening i was just curious on pieces ppl think would be involved. Mtl should not trade him in the east for sure. But Bergevin is dumb enough. Trades a future 1D for a center who is young and numbers inflated by Stamkos strike 1 and 2. Strike 3 when he trades Patches or Gal..esp Gal because with his numbers I cant see a high return. If Marc were the Leafs GM id want him fired months ago. He is the Gillis or JFJ Jr of the Canadiens.

Your team is toast. They cant score, they cant defend. Its rebuild time..have fun we leaf fans had to endure hell for years after what JFJ Jr did to our team.

Want to accelerate a rebuild. Trade Price get several high end NHL guys and cpl high picks. If they go the lesser route and try band aids thats what Toronto did for years and it never worked.

Is nobody going to call this guy out on that idiotic first sentence?

Dermott and Mete are nothing alike.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
No chance we give up our best RHD prospect in years. Plus MTL needs a center or a step in wing scorer JVR by the last 2 seasons is better than Max. I just prefer Max's style of play. I think he would be a wicked fit with Matthews or better still Marner. Passing wizard to sniper Max..I could see a ton of goals that way.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Harsh words...yet prove me wrong? Not justs pt totals either. Brown is better than at least 4 of your wingers. When your team has Froese at center you can therefore say REBUILD..being that happened exactly in Toronto I can say that.

Dermott is like Mete. They can skate and control the puck with ease. In fact Dermott I feel will end up better than Mete. In any case it is possible no one said anything or called me out because I am not wrong...enjoy marc bergevin and the rebuild.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Hmmm Toronto needs defense so we trade 1 of our top 3 for a slight JVR upgrade? No way. Now with gardiner being expendable due to Dermott looking real good maybe him...but with his bad season dont think Marc says yes plus we would need to send a winger...Kapenen? JvR? Brown? Issue with brown is his sweet contract and i think we cant afford to lose good D forwards

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Great job OP. You single handedly started a total pissing match between two fan bases, for a player that Toronto has absolutely no need for.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Probably no deal to be made (from both TOR & Habs fans). I totally get how Leaf fans would refuse it (probably Habs too).

Considering we need quality C and trading with a division rival, I don't see a future package but more roster player vs roster player.

I'd propose :

:habs

Nazem Kadri

:leafs

Max Pacioretty
Tomas Plekanec (with a chance to resign him to partially help the lost of Kadri)

Don’t try again, no interest in a no character guy who disappears every spring. Kadri is on one of the best deals in the NHL.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
If you think Pacioretty is a slight JVR upgrade then why do you want him?
:huh: A slight upgrade on JVR is a very good (rather than just "good") top line winger. They're nice things to have :laugh:

But when they're only short term assets you don't move core pieces, and when it's not a position of need you don't carry the non-core bidding too high.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Harsh words...yet prove me wrong? Not justs pt totals either. Brown is better than at least 4 of your wingers. When your team has Froese at center you can therefore say REBUILD..being that happened exactly in Toronto I can say that.

Dermott is like Mete. They can skate and control the puck with ease. In fact Dermott I feel will end up better than Mete. In any case it is possible no one said anything or called me out because I am not wrong...enjoy marc bergevin and the rebuild.

Cool. Keep both. Our interest in those two players are as high as our interest in playing Ronald McDonald at C.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Ridiculous premise and a ridiculous thread. At least, I assume that it's pretty ridiculous, since half the posts look like it's people replying to ghosts. If the Leafs are looking for a scoring LW, they'll just give JVR a $2m raise instead of paying the acquisition price and $2m raise for Pacioretty.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs and Leafs are bad trade partners in so many ways. Patch to the Leafs is not going to happen. Leafs need help on D, not scoring on the Wing. Habs need prospects at center and picks. Leafs don't have the type of prospect at center we are looking for.

Reactions: Cotton

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If Montreal is looking to trade Patches, Toronto is the wrong destination.
Think contender like Pittsburgh or something. Plus some team needs to work out their financial issues and decide if they can give him his next raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad