Value of: Patches to T.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd do Kapanen, 1st and 2nd or Liljegren plus a 1st for Pacioretty. Not sure what the value looks like but this would be my feeling.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'd do Kapanen, 1st and 2nd or Liljegren plus a 1st for Pacioretty. Not sure what the value looks like but this would be my feeling.
I'm a Leaf fan, either of those seem like fair value. Don't think we would be interested in dealing Liljegren, but if we could recoup a good forward prospect + 1st for JVR and get a bit of an upgrade to Pacioretty plus an extra year of contract then the Kapanen deal might make a lot of sense

to me acquiring a Pacioretty type player only makes sense for the Leafs if it means we can deal JVR and recoup some of the assets we spent on the acquisition, I don't think we're 1 add away from being a cup favourite

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm a Leaf fan, either of those seem like fair value. Don't think we would be interested in dealing Liljegren, but if we could recoup a good forward prospect + 1st for JVR and get a bit of an upgrade to Pacioretty plus an extra year of contract then the Kapanen deal might make a lot of sense

to me acquiring a Pacioretty type player only makes sense for the Leafs if it means we can deal JVR and recoup some of the assets we spent on the acquisition

Fax the papers over, let's get this done!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
feels weird for things to be civil in a Habs-Leafs thread

do you think the fanbase would sour for sending your captain to the Leafs?

A lot of fans want him gone for reasons unrelated to on-ice performance. I think things soured with Pacioretty when Subban was traded and his name dragged through the dirt after Pacioretty was named Captain. It's widely known that they didn't get along, and a lot of us partially blame him for Subban being moved.

We're just sick of him and want him to move on so we can move on from this leadership core and I doubt anyone would care where he went at this point in the retool.

That being said, there would still be a lot of people whining about him being moved at all, let alone to the Leafs. There are always plenty on both sides. However, on this site; I truly believe most Habs fans wouldn't give 2 shits if he went to the Leafs as long as they got a good return.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
A lot of fans want him gone for reasons unrelated to on-ice performance. I think things soured with Pacioretty when Subban was traded and his name dragged through the dirt after Pacioretty was named Captain. It's widely known that they didn't get along, and a lot of us partially blame him for Subban being moved.

We're just sick of him and want him to move on so we can move on from this leadership core and I doubt anyone would care where he went at this point in the retool.

That being said, there would still be a lot of people whining about him being moved at all, let alone to the Leafs. There are always plenty on both sides. However, on this site; I truly believe most Habs fans wouldn't give 2 ****s if he went to the Leafs as long as they got a good return.
fair enough, all the Habs fans I know really don't like the Leafs and would hate to see one of their former captains on a version of the Leafs that might win a cup

If you're dealing him though, the kind of return that you're asking for will be out there for sure, you'd probably have your pick of a bunch of similar "Good prospect+1st+2nd" type offers

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I wouldn't move Liljgren....i also don't know why the Leafs would be trading youth for a winger...it's like the 3rd thing we need.

1. defense
2. Center to replace Bozak
3. And not that it's a need at all....but this is where winger would be.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Thats funny Reilly is in the top 6 in D points..cough cough wheres weber? Mete and the rest? Enjoy the rebuild now the tables have turned. MtL fans insulting Leafs saying how bad we were..and you were correct. Now its our turn. Thank you Marc Bergevin

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
No chance of one of our best d prospects in eons going anywhere unless its part of a deal to get a top 4 RHD.

Seems I created a monster here.

My opinion is based on playing style. I prefer Max over JVR do we need a winger? Not really, but its about balance and such. Max is harder on the puck and far better defensively. So he is having a crap yr...who on the Habs isnt. He just needs a change..look at one Kyle Turris. In that same thought look at the Duchene deal...i can guarantee the price is lower on Max or should be based on position for the most part. Centers are way harder to find..so in any deal look at that one and bring it down.

Leafs I can see giving NHL winger maybe Bracco and a 2nd. If you want a center it wont be Kadri unless leafs make a consequent move to replace him.

All in all i doubt it happens just was curious on what ppl thought on pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad