Confirmed with Link: Patches + Coghlan to Carolina. Return? YOU GET NOTHING!

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I really like your team I am sorry that Eichel messed everything up for you guys, but don't worry things will get much worse Eichel is poison and a cancer that morphed into a hockey player..

• Haha
Reactions: RapidKnight

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Patches berates organization for lack of accountability, from coaching and players.

Sounds like a culture shift needed

“When I first got to Vegas, it was weird that there was, like, no accountability,” said Pacioretty. “And I’m not talking about in the team; I’m talking about like ever. You couldn’t feel pressure coming off anyone else, from the coach to the management.”

“There was a relief when I got there. But then I found myself being like, ‘I’ve got to reel this in and hold myself to a higher standard which I had always done.’ But maybe I got away from it when I had everyone else holding me accountable (in Montreal),” Pacioretty added.

“I mentioned that at the end of the year that no one is really holding us accountable,” Pacioretty explained. “If we have a bad year like this, the city would be half on fire in Montreal. Here in Vegas, it’s 80 degrees, and it’s sunny. We’re getting our car washed and getting our organic food, and going to play golf.

“I was kind of like, ‘we’ve got to police this thing a little better amongst each other.’ I don’t want to say it was a country club, but you have no one from the outside holding you accountable.”

"A lot of these guys haven’t played somewhere else so they don’t know really what it’s like," Pacioretty said. "I’ve felt myself personally it always gets the best out of you when my coach or someone else are demanding and hold you accountable and I found myself almost missing that a tiny bit when things went wrong this year."

-. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -. -

Max is such a joke. This team is definitely not a country club and there is plenty of pressure to perform. Very likely Pacioretty didn't get along with the guys on the team. I mean, even I dislike him and I'm just a fan.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Max is correct: the Vegas media and fanbase is not even close to as crazed as Montreal's and several other big markets.

For the better. I think it speaks a lot more about Max than it does other players.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That has to be one of the oddest comments I've seen in a while. Stone and Pietrangelo can't hold people accountable between the two of them? Martinez isn't a leader?

This feels a lot more like a dig at the Misfits (plus Theodore I guess) and Deboer, and his displeasure at Gallant being fired. Obviously Eichel's character/maturity issues also comes to mind as well.
Edit: or maybe he's talking about the Dadonov fiasco, fallout, then acting as if nothing ever happened. It would be nice if he clarified, because saying the most impatient team in the league acts like a country club with no accountability doesn't really make much sense.

Having said that, I choose to ultimately interperet this as him really saying 'WTF why was Spott still running the PP all year??" I can't say I disagree with him.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Also for a team with no accountability, they ship players out every year for next to nothing (or in Patches' case, literally nothing) if they feel you make even 1M too much in cap.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Still mad about the trade.

I'm not. Max is good to get out of the locker room apparently.

His comments seemed more about bashing Vegas fans in the city for not being assholes to them when they lose. But he also called out his old teammates in a way.

Odd comment but it really only makes Pacioretty look bad and bitter.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That has to be one of the oddest comments I've seen in a while. Stone and Pietrangelo can't hold people accountable between the two of them? Martinez isn't a leader?

This feels a lot more like a dig at the Misfits (plus Theodore I guess) and Deboer, and his displeasure at Gallant being fired. Obviously Eichel's character/maturity issues also comes to mind as well.
Edit: or maybe he's talking about the Dadonov fiasco, fallout, then acting as if nothing ever happened. It would be nice if he clarified, because saying the most impatient team in the league acts like a country club with no accountability doesn't really make much sense.

Having said that, I choose to ultimately interperet this as him really saying 'WTF why was Spott still running the PP all year??" I can't say I disagree with him.

He said he felt it right when he got here didn't he? So why wouldn't he be bashing Gallant for the 1 2/3 seasons he was playing for him? He didn't play that many more games for DeBoer than Gallant, and Gallant has always been known as a players coach.

The whole comment is odd and I don't think anyone Max played with or for in Vegas will appreciate it at all.

Also, Marchessault and Theodore came up clutch more often in Pacioretty's time here than he did, not to mention if he's talking about Stone, Pietrangelo and Martinez, who is he even to talk about accountability?

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It's such a weird set of quotes from him. Like, how do you not feel accountability when your owner is in the lockerroom pretty much every home game and he knows you by first name?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's such a weird set of quotes from him. Like, how do you not feel accountability when your owner is in the lockerroom pretty much every home game and he knows you by first name?
Knowing someone and even being in frequent contact with them doesn't equate to holding them accountable.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Knowing someone and even being in frequent contact with them doesn't equate to holding them accountable.

It's not just "someone," it's your owner, the big boss. An aging man who really wants to win a Cup and is often in the lockerroom. I think that actually intensifies the inherent pressure. The players can feel that virtual magnifying glass over their head 24/7. Especially if things are not going well.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
It's not just "someone," it's your owner, the big boss. An aging man who really wants to win a Cup and is often in the lockerroom. I think that actually intensifies the inherent pressure. The players can feel that virtual magnifying glass over their head 24/7. Especially if things are not going well.
I don’t think you quite know what being held accountable means.

Being held accountable would be:

Benching players for not playing well.

Admitting in pressers that these guys need to get better at scoring goals instead of saying they ran into a hot goalie.

Firing a power play coach when your power play is garbage.

Having local media guys actually ask Max and Mark Stone why they disappear in playoffs rather than constantly focusing on “goalie controversy”.

And as far as the fans.. When the team misses the playoffs with a 91 million dollar roster - it’s ok to be angry. Instead most of the fan base (on social media at least) just said “it’s ok, they got us to 2 western conference finals in 2 years. Heal up boys! More puppy pics!”

Having your owner in your locker room saying “hey Max! Don’t forget to get your free car wash after the game” has nothing to do with accountability. In fact that sounds more like the country club setting that he’s talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad