Pastrnak guarentee's a win tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Somewhere on an AWS server, this thread cost the owners of HFBoards money to create.

At least click an ad while you’re in here I guess

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Wow, dude has some brass balls. Pretty sure the penalty for not honoring that is 5-10 in supermax.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/br...onfident-bruins-can-bring-it-back-home-game-7

"Well, we won there already, so we know what we need to do," Pastrnak said, per 98.5 The Sports Hub. "[Friday] wasn’t our best game, and we know we’ve got better. So, we’re pretty confident that we can bring it back home, and we will."

Usually players tend to shy away from these types of comments. Figured some people would be interested in how this one plays out
I don't think the Leafs were going to try until this. They weren't motivated at all and now some words will make them want to win.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Jesus... this is an actual thread...based on 'and we will' in the last sentence of the quote.....

Not even remotley close to your classic 'guaranteed win' statement by a player.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I never get why people make such a big deal out of these comments.

I mean what are they suppose to say?

We suck and don't have a chance against this team at all?

Many players have made comments like this.

I remember Subban saying this when the Habs were down a game against the Sens in their very first playoff round against each other.

In fact, Hertl pretty much just said the same exact thing a day or two ago.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
No such thing as a guarantee in sports, sorry.

The whole Messier nonsense being no exception.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/br...onfident-bruins-can-bring-it-back-home-game-7

"Well, we won there already, so we know what we need to do," Pastrnak said, per 98.5 The Sports Hub. "[Friday] wasn’t our best game, and we know we’ve got better. So, we’re pretty confident that we can bring it back home, and we will."

Usually players tend to shy away from these types of comments. Figured some people would be interested in how this one plays out

Well he was right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad