Passing Chemistry: Best LINE you've seen (trio of players together - not duos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

Glad Pete Mahov has been mentioned on theLafleur/Shutt line - thats 2.5 years with Pete at centre and 2.5 with Lemaire. And in the last year 79, Lemaire was injured a lot.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
RMU2 said:
Straka-Lang-Kovalev was a tremendous line here in pittsburgh
That's what this thread is about! :handclap:

Beautiful passing between three forwards, every which way!

That line performed a lot of puck moving magic as a unit.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
salzy said:
Hate to point out the obvious, but I don't believe there has ever been a line as dominant as the Lindros - Leclair - Renberg line. Too bad Clarkie had to mess with near perfection and send Renberg off to Tampa after they got so close in 97. How many wingers did the Flyers run through trying to find someone to gel with 10 & 88 as well as Renberg did?

mazmin said:
The Winnipeg Jets had a young line that could do it all:
LW Tkachuk C Zhamnov RW Selanne
A powerforward a playmaker and a sniper, if the Jets had the money to keep them together there could have been some brighter days.

if i remember correctly, the jets' line was the only one that statstically produced either at or even above the level of philly's LOD during the time that lindros, leclair, and renberg were together.

and speaking of that line, this just in... colin campbell STILL hasn't figured out how to defend them

:help:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
VanIslander said:
That's what this thread is about! :handclap:

Beautiful passing between three forwards, every which way!

That line performed a lot of puck moving magic as a unit.

I believe they were the highest-scoring line in '01, too.

monkey_00*

French Connection line in Buffalo: Rene Robert - Gilbert Perreault - Richard Martin

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
monkey_00 said:
French Connection line in Buffalo: Rene Robert - Gilbert Perreault - Richard Martin
You've seen them? I thought you were less mature than that.

This thread is about best passing lines you've seen.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Jadakiss said:
Smyth Weight Guerin
I'd forgotten about them. They were great as a unit though most passes went through Weight. Guerin and Smyth weren't also creating their own magic with each other as an additional dimension.

Yes, when Tanguay-Forsberg-Haejduk came up the ice you had no idea where the passing was gonna go! Tick-tack-double whack-toe!

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
salzy said:
Hate to point out the obvious, but I don't believe there has ever been a line as dominant as the Lindros - Leclair - Renberg line. Too bad Clarkie had to mess with near perfection and send Renberg off to Tampa after they got so close in 97. How many wingers did the Flyers run through trying to find someone to gel with 10 & 88 as well as Renberg did?

The problem was the abdominal injuries that Renberg suffered during the 95-96 season. Those injuries robbed him of his sped. pre-injury he was an explosive skater, that routinely beat defenseman wide, after the injury he was just an average skater. Renberg went from being an elite player for his first 2.5 seasons to becoming just a regular player for the rest of his career.

The LoD for the brief period it was together, only about 80 games or so was IMO the most dominant of the last decade.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Tanguay-Forsberg-Hejduk
Lehtinen-Modano-Hull

oh, and also I think that Rangers line Tikkanen-Kovalev-Larmer was also Matteau-Kovalev-Larmer later in the season and in the playoffs. Tikkanen was the man. Loved it when he kissed that Washington Capital in the 94 playoffs.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned one of my favorite lines in past few years:

Deadmarsh-Allison-Palffy

They were a thing of beauty to watch out on the ice together and they'd seem to pick up 3 points each every game when they were healthy...

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
The Czechmates unit of Hlavac-Nedved-Dvorak had probably the best chemistry of any line I've ever seen. Maybe not the best productivity, but how they knew where one another was on the ice was unreal.

I think that's what this thread is about, not "best line you've seen", but in terms of passing chemistry.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Thet don't play together all the time but they did some in the playoffs last year and
were amazing-St. Louis ,Richards,and Lecavelier.

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, the hound line of Leeman-Courtnall-Clark was the greatest line ever to grace the ice.

Of course, my knowledge might be a little biased. :D

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Lehtinen-Modano-Hull. A grinder/Selke winner, a play-making center who can skate like the wind, and a wicked, wicked shot.

From the 2002 Olympics, LeClair-Modano-Hull. Fun times were had by all on that line.

The Grumpy-Old Men Line (Dallas, circa 2000) John MacLean-Kirk Muller-Mike Keane. Not quite the "greatest" combination, but knew exactly what they were supposed to do and were damn good at it.

And from the Stars charity game the other night, because there was some sick passing among this trio: Zubov-Modano-Nieuwendyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad