Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

Who wins?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hopefully its a closer series than some people are predicting. I like the matchup against Dallas better than Colorado personally.

Oettinger can be so hot/cold.

Hopefully our goaltending gives us a chance.

Being a true underdog may help the Oilers.
Yep. So glad the team is getting this again. Back to the conference finals and you drop pucks and play games. You never know. Oilers are here for real as one of the best teams this season. Particularly hottest team since the slow start.

Team with this kind of elite talent are always gonna be dangerous. Put it this way Dallas would prefer Nucks.

Nice that the Final 4 is Edmonton Dallas NY Florida These are the deserving teams getting in. Gonna be a helluva series.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Tanev has been a monster shutting down opposition. It's a good thing we have separate McDavid and Drai lines humming, relatively speaking. Kane's gonna need to give the Zadorov treatment to Tanev, Heiskanen, Harley, pretty much all the Dallas defense.

Our third line needs to show up cause it's asking so much to have them saw off whichever of the Dallas top-3 lines they get with *looks it up* zero 5v5 goals this playoffs. I'd love to sit McLeod and give him a jolt but he really needs to be part of the solution in the bottom-6.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Tanev has been a monster shutting down opposition. It's a good thing we have separate McDavid and Drai lines humming, relatively speaking. Kane's gonna need to give the Zadorov treatment to Tanev, Heiskanen, Harley, pretty much all the Dallas defense.

Our third line needs to show up cause it's asking so much to have them saw off whichever of the Dallas top-3 lines they get with *looks it up* zero 5v5 goals this playoffs. I'd love to sit McLeod and give him a jolt but he really needs to be part of the solution in the bottom-6.
He needs to be taken off center. You can run like…
McLeod - Henrique - Foegele
Janmark - Carrick - Ryan

Reactions: belair and Soli

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Dallas doesn't have near the physical defence that we just went through with the Canucks. They have Jamie Benn up front as a one man wrecking crew, but overall, they are a fast skilled skating team which will present some new challenges.

And I'd love to sit both Foegele and McLeod, but you have to hope one or both somehow manage to turn things around.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How do you figure that? We have Bouchard as our main weapon from the back end now. And we have Ekholm. And Hyman. That is 3 pieces that makes us miles better than that team.
Goaltending was miles better in that playoff and I think the team as a whole played better defensively.

Dallas doesn't have near the physical defence that we just went through with the Canucks. They have Jamie Benn up front as a one man wrecking crew, but overall, they are a fast skilled skating team which will present some new challenges.

And I'd love to sit both Foegele and McLeod, but you have to hope one or both somehow manage to turn things around.
Vegas took them to 7 by playing their physical brand of hockey. If we want to win we have to play that way too. If we try to out fast skill them their depth will take over game after game.
But. If we hit hard, and grind them down we can cause problems.

Reactions: PBandJ

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Still pretty incredible to think that we’re in the final four considering where we were back in early November. Incredibly resilient group, that rough start has added another layer to them that is helping them take another step. Half way there. (Cue Kane and Bob Jovi) ;)

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Being massive underdogs in this series hopefully gives the boys a lot of incentive to prove people wrong.

Everybody needs to bring their best game, 60 mins a night, every night.

Reactions: nally

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
Still pretty incredible to think that we’re in the final four considering where we were back in early November. Incredibly resilient group, that rough start has added another layer to them that is helping them take another step. Half way there. (Cue Kane and Bob Jovi) ;)
4 more dubs til finals but agreed. I know Dallas is a good team and are favourites. But this team has been about settling scores and I hope that’s the next score we settle next!!

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don't think Perry should see the ice again. He is one step away from washing right out of the league, and hasn't contributed anything of significance during the play. Bottom 6 either produces some semblance of offence or we can't beat Dallas.. no bloody way. We did light up Oettinger in one of the regular season games but that's ancient history. As always, they will need to lock it down defensively because I doubt they can run and gun and get away with a sub par defensive effort.

Desharnais still makes some pretty bad errors when he's forced to handle the puck so I'm concerned there too. Never mind Skinner, who.. well anyways. Let's hope they start the series with a win and give themselves some breathing room, they're going to need it against Dallas.

rpm197509

Nov 29, 2014
Overall we're an inferior team to Dallas (goalie, defense, forward depth), but we have McDrai. If we were to win, they're going to have to carry us.
We also have a little better power play and a better penalty kill.
Skinner post game I just prove again that I have it in me to bounce back I did it time and time again.

Please Cleopathra got less carried than you and your .882 again.
Not to mention the couple times he was beat but they missed the net.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Honestly, Vancouver scared me the most out of the WC teams. They swept the regular season series and handed the Oilers their asses. I knew we wouldn’t be facing Vegas or one of Colorado or Dallas.

Vans speed matched the Oilers. The Stars are slower than the Canucks so advantage Oilers. Their defense is obviously better but Vegas took them to 7 games and aside from a locker room distraction at the worst of time for Colorado, was one shot away from game 7 with Georgiev, who I think is about as good as Skinner.

We have more than a shot at beating them. We have a good f***ing chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad