CFHF Fantasy League Part XXXII - Congratulations Horseheads and Kanye! P.D. May 1, M.D. July 1

GMOTY

• InfinityIggy

• Johnny Hoxville

• Kanye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Please welcome the newest member of the CFHF Fantasy League!

girouxsalem.png

DatsyukToZetterberg

will take over GM duties for Girouxsalem effective immediately.​

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
CFHF Fantasy League Playoff Finals Preview:
(6) The Techno Onion vs. (7) Flaming Horseheads
onion.png
vs.
horseheads.png
The Techno Onion: 164-106-24 (352 pts.) Second in the MacInnis Division
Flaming Horseheads: 156-115-23 (335 pts.) Second in the McDonald Division
Season series: The Techno Onion 10-4-0
How they got here: The Techno Onion have had excellent goaltending through the first two rounds of the playoffs, and decent enough offensive production to get them by The Flaming Wings and the GoodFellas. Flaming Horseheads had a big offensive week to defeat The Terrors, and then rolled through the Golden Ramp-winning Wheeling Dusters through superior goaltending and good peripheral production.
The Techno Onion roster notes: Max Pacioretty, who is out for the season, remains out for the Techno Onion while Justin Faulk is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury.
Flaming Horseheads roster notes: Flaming Horseheads enter the final with a healthier roster than they entered the second round, with only Carter Hutton and Jacob Trouba currently hurt.​

Last edited:
Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Three nights in the books:

upload_2018-3-29_9-24-50.png

Kind of funny how much the offence has slowed down in each round of the playoffs. Pretty sure Patrick had 93 points by this point in the first round. :sarcasm:

Next goalie start is massive. A loss for the Horseheads coupled with a win for the Onion ties this thing up.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It was pretty entertaining that year it looked like the Intangibles had it in the bag easily and then choked it up on Sunday to the Fongs

Not sure why people think that was a choke job. I had very little chance against Fong in that matchup and only got the lead early due to a lucky start. It would've been a choke job if Fong had not come back, because he had the best team in the league by far after the deadline that year and was the heavy favourite in the final (despite me having a better record).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Not sure why people think that was a choke job. I had very little chance against Fong in that matchup and only got the lead early due to a lucky start. It would've been a choke job if Fong had not come back, because he had the best team in the league by far after the deadline that year and was the heavy favourite in the final (despite me having a better record).

It's okay.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
upload_2018-3-30_0-16-47.png

Welp, looks like the Onions didn't show up tonight. Big hole to climb out of now. Going to have to get a lot of blocks, hope for a loss by the Horseheads' goalies, and then find one other category to pick up at least a tie.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So, apparently this year, Yahoo has made the final matchup run officially for two weeks. This is extremely odd, to me. The season rarely ends on a weekend, and in prior years, this has meant that the final matchup lasted one week, and finished the Sunday before the end of the NHL regular season.

Both GMs in the final, as well as I think almost all of us not participating in the final, expected this to be a one-week final as usual. Everyone is gearing up to make trades Sunday night, and I'm all ready to get things going with the off-season. Both Ferkland and TooGoodreau have stated that they have made moves they wouldn't have made if they'd known it was two weeks.

Anyway, I don't really see any reason to follow along with the two-week final. Doing the same thing we do every year seems more fair to the GMs in this final, and if anything, having the finals end almost a full week from the end of the NHL regular season makes things better, as there should be less impact from rested stars during the final games of the NHL season. And I wouldn't feel good having the finals run an extra week after saying myself that they were going to end after one week, and having the GMs make moves under that understanding that they wouldn't otherwise have made.

Also, there is actually nothing tying us to Yahoo's timeline here. All of the things that will follow from the conclusion of the final (crowning a champion, making trades, etc.) do not in any way require Yahoo. If we want to make sure the trophies are accurate on Yahoo, both GMs can just bench their lineup for the second week.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I appreciate everyone's input on the matter. However, we're going to go with my original take on it. We have two choices. One choice has the ability to screw over a GM. The other choice has no negative impact on either GM and is more normal for this league.

So, I think it's important that we make this official so everyone is aware of what is going on heading into these final two nights. The final ends tomorrow. Trading opens at midnight MT tomorrow night.

The keeper deadline is April 8 at 11:59pm MT.

I will pay closer attention next time around to the playoff schedule, and apologize for causing confusion this year.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
From the Hypnotoad's, trading block..

Available for younger keeper or picks package:
Ryan Kesler
Kris Letang

Available for prospect picks:
Cam Fowler
Brandan Gallagher
Jared Spurgeon (#20 in points/game for D, 20 teams in the league, you do the math)

Available for 3rd pp/MD Upgrade/Prospect:
James Neal
Rick Nash
Adam Lowry
Milan Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad