CFHF Fantasy League Part XXXII - Congratulations Horseheads and Kanye! P.D. May 1, M.D. July 1

GMOTY

• InfinityIggy

• Johnny Hoxville

• Kanye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Still shopping all my non-keeper pieces, some of whom are having very good years and will definitely help a team down the stretch.

-Craig Smith
-Lars Eller
-Esa Lindell

Also feel free to offer on Alex Goligoski, although right now it's looking like I should keep him.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Week 14 Power Rankings:

1Flaming WingsE
2Wheeling Dusters+2
3The Terrors+3
4Hypnotoad All Blacks-2
5GoodFellas-2
6Halifax Lions+2
7Flaming HorseHeads+3
8Wu-Tang Killa Beez-3
9The Techno Onion-2
10TheMightyPigs+1
11The Grim Reapers-2
12GirouxsalemE
13Black Aces+1
14Hamilton Slackberry-1
15Good DecisionsE
16Pingu HC+1
17Intangibles+2
18Peppering AngusE
19Gunslingers-3
20Raging MonsoonsE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
2017-18 CFHF Fantasy League GM Summit

Two items on the docket for discussion and possible vote at this point, but feel free to chip in any other kinds of concerns you may have:

• There are three options for playoff seeding: division winners get top spots, division winners get a guaranteed berth, or division winners get no special consideration. Right now we're the first of those options, but some GMs are interested in changing that.
  • Currently, we have the TDL exactly one week before the NHL trade deadline, which is about two weeks prior to the start of our playoffs. This allows plenty of time to GMs to adjust for injury and see where some players get traded, but the later it is, the fewer buyers there are. I've heard GMs wanting it moved in either direction.

I'm interested to get feedback on these topics and potentially others.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think winning a division should get you a spot for sure. However, I like the idea of it not influencing the seeding.

I am happy with the deadline where it is, but wouldn't be bothered much it moved in either direction.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I think winning a division should get you a spot for sure. However, I like the idea of it not influencing the seeding.

I am happy with the deadline where it is, but wouldn't be bothered much it moved in either direction.

Yeah, I agree division winner should be guaranteed a spot because it's not like the divisions will ever be in balance and you play a couple more divisional games.

I also couldn't care less by where the deadline is at.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
We have a trade...

logo_10802_tep.jpg

To Hypnotoad's All Blacks: Jared Spurgeon + Pigs' 17th md
To The Mighty Pigs: Toads' 13th md

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like the option where division winners get a playoff spot, but not a guaranteed top 4 seed.

TDL is fine as it is

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think the deadline should be moved back until 48 hours after the actual deadline. It’s more fun in my experience and adds to more deals in fantasy leagues. Trades are always the best part of any league.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think the deadline should be moved back until 48 hours after the actual deadline. It’s more fun in my experience and adds to more deals in fantasy leagues. Trades are always the best part of any league.

I’d argue the opposite. Having our deadline before the actual trade deadline makes it more fun because you have to try and guess where certain players might go, and if you should try to acquire someone based on that.

Same idea as our prospect draft.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’d argue the opposite. Having our deadline before the actual trade deadline makes it more fun because you have to try and guess where certain players might go, and if you should try to acquire someone based on that.

Same idea as our prospect draft.

All the other leagues I participate in have the league deadline after the actual NHL one; for sure the days following the NHL deadline initiate a high volume of trading activity. It’s not a huge deal to me, but I think trading is the funnest part of the league so my vote would be to push it back.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
All the other leagues I participate in have the league deadline after the actual NHL one; for sure the days following the NHL deadline initiate a high volume of trading activity. It’s not a huge deal to me, but I think trading is the funnest part of the league so my vote would be to push it back.

Well, if you have the deadline after the NHL deadline, of course it would spur trade activity. If you have it before the NHL deadline, it also spurs activity. I don't think this league is in a situation where a big problem is lack of trades. I think right now the key is still optimizing the strategic elements to make things the most fun.

The argument against moving the deadline back is that if it's that close to the playoffs (what you are arguing for is a TDL during the last matchup of our season, I'm pretty sure), you cut down the number of teams who will be buying. This also has an impact in reducing deadline deals. If you have it when there is still uncertainty in whether a team can make the playoffs or not, you allow for more teams to 'go for it' at the deadline, and I think that's good for the health of the league.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Like I said, I don’t care a ton either way. But if you guys are set on keeping the deadline as it stands, why even discuss moving it lol?

All I’m saying is you’re gonna get the same amount of deals leading up to the deadline. But there’s always going to be some surprise deals on deadline day that no one is expecting. As a result you might see some last minute blockbusters in our league made as reactionary moves to what happened in the real world.

Also some NHL teams don’t decide if they’re buyers or sellers until the week of the deadline so “guessing” what deals may or may not can be quite challenging. And for the teams buying, I’d rather have actual information so your additions will have more of a weighted impact versus buying a guy and he doesn’t end up getting dealt.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Like I said, I don’t care a ton either way. But if you guys are set on keeping the deadline as it stands, why even discuss moving it lol?

:huh: The idea is to have a discussion, so that means laying out all of the viewpoints. If there is significant push to move it one way or the other, we can have a vote. My word carries no more weight than yours.

All I’m saying is you’re gonna get the same amount of deals leading up to the deadline. But there’s always going to be some surprise deals on deadline day that no one is expecting. As a result you might see some last minute blockbusters in our league made as reactionary moves to what happened in the real world.

Also some NHL teams don’t decide if they’re buyers or sellers until the week of the deadline so “guessing” what deals may or may not can be quite challenging. And for the teams buying, I’d rather have actual information so your additions will have more of a weighted impact versus buying a guy and he doesn’t end up getting dealt.

True, but is that enough to outweigh the negative aspect of basically being allowed to trade right up until playoffs? That's the question. In a perfect world, the NHL deadline would be a lot earlier, but given it is when it is, we have to decide where the best balance is. Right now you've laid out the positives for this end of the spectrum, and I laid out the negatives.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Shattenkirk out for the season so looking to move him for a serviceable d man + futures. No interest in picks.

Prospects preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad