Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
tweet20160806_230036.png

tweet20160806_230325.png

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Wow, that is a steal for INPIP. Well done!

I've wanted Nurse for a while, I'm just happy he's on my roster. I also think draft picks are slightly overrated. The caliber of player I'm getting in the 11th vs the 14th isn't much different. IMO, the 1st PP makes getting Nurse totally worthwhile. Because Nurse is a prospect still, I'm using my pick next year this season on a guy I'm guaranteed I know will play. I have no issues with the deal.

But I think Drew got some nice assets, so it was a good deal for him as well.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
From what I've gathered, Nurse's stock has really fallen on account of some flaws they hoped he'd have fixed for this year were present and getting exploited. He may be a top 4 d-man, may not. May get PP time, but may not. We'll see.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Personally I think with Larsson coming on board, Nurse will see more defensive matchups and pk time but less PP time as I think it'll be Larsson and Klefbom as the top PP unit.

So I don't think Nurse will get high point totals, but in a more defensive role I can see him being a big hit/block/pim guy. I think as I compared him before, I see alot of Brent Seabrook in. So im looking at maybe a 30-40 point range with lots of peripheral stats.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Personally I think with Larsson coming on board, Nurse will see more defensive matchups and pk time but less PP time as I think it'll be Larsson and Klefbom as the top PP unit.

So I don't think Nurse will get high point totals, but in a more defensive role I can see him being a big hit/block/pim guy. I think as I compared him before, I see alot of Brent Seabrook in. So im looking at maybe a 30-40 point range with lots of peripheral stats.
That makes little sense since Larsson is a defensive defenseman, his addition a d Klefbom being healthy should shelter Nurse significantly and should put him on the 3rd pairing

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We'll see what happens. The Oilers D has been awful, I don't anything has been fully determined yet. Sekera is a top 4 guy and Larsson is going to be used in all situations and will be deployed in a more offensive role. I definitely think there's room for Nurse to play top 4 minutes and he's still young so he will continue to improve.

Nurse definitely has holes in his game, but he checks a lot of boxes fantasy wise in his all around play and there's some upside there as well. I'm pumped I have him!

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Nurse is one bad mfer and he played a full season as a rookie dman. He'll play less significant minutes with Klefbom healthy and The addition of Larsson, and that can only help.

Or he has a sophomore slump and gets demoted to the ECHL, who knows

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We'll see what happens. The Oilers D has been awful, I don't anything has been fully determined yet. Sekera is a top 4 guy and Larsson is going to be used in all situations and will be deployed in a more offensive role. I definitely think there's room for Nurse to play top 4 minutes and he's still young so he will continue to improve.

Nurse definitely has holes in his game, but he checks a lot of boxes fantasy wise in his all around play and there's some upside there as well. I'm pumped I have him!

I actually just looked up his Hits/Blocks. Damn. Fair price if he can get up to the 30 point range this year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I actually just looked up his Hits/Blocks. Damn. Fair price if he can get up to the 30 point range this year.

Last season he actually started pretty slow in playing that physical game. The 2nd half of the year he went out and really started to put up some good numbers. I expect this season he'll be even more physical, if he can score some points, he could be a great fantasy player.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
That makes little sense since Larsson is a defensive defenseman, his addition a d Klefbom being healthy should shelter Nurse significantly and should put him on the 3rd pairing

Larsson is a right hand shot and probably their best dman overall. He has a lot of offensive tools and is more refined than the other oiler D.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Larsson is a right hand shot and probably their best dman overall. He has a lot of offensive tools and is more refined than the other oiler D.
offensive tools or not he will still be playing their hard minutes

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Hamilton Slackberry Final Roster:

Ryan O'Reilly-Johnathan Toews-Vladimir Tarasenko
Tommy Wingels-John Tavares-Ryan Strome
Michael Ferland-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins-Nail Yakupov
Devante Smith-Pelley-Rickard Rakell-Curtis Lazar
Nikita Soshnikov

Cam Fowler-Sami Vatanen
Ryan Murray-Nathan Beaulieau
Dan Hamhuis-Trevor van Reimsdyk

Jon Gibson
Eddie Lack
Sent from my Crapberry

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not saying he won't, I said Nurse will be playing more defensive minutes and Larsson will get the prime PP minutes because he is better overall.
And I'm saying they will be shelter Nurse more (ie. less hard defensive minutes). Nurse was never used in an offensive role last year, so that is unlikely to change IMO. I'm not sure Larsson will have much of an effect on his 13 seconds of PP time per game. But he will definitely have an impact on his 2:02 in SH time per game.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
And I'm saying they will be shelter Nurse more (ie. less hard defensive minutes). Nurse was never used in an offensive role last year, so that is unlikely to change IMO. I'm not sure Larsson will have much of an effect on his 13 seconds of PP time per game. But he will definitely have an impact on his 2:02 in SH time per game.

You basically are repeating what I said so I'm not sure what you are arguing lol.

I said Larsson and Klefbom will eat the pp mins and Nurse will be playing defensive minutes so I don't expect him to get many points. But he'll be utilized as a defensive player and likely maintain his hit/block/pim stats.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You basically are repeating what I said so I'm not sure what you are arguing lol.

I said Larsson and Klefbom will eat the pp mins and Nurse will be playing defensive minutes so I don't expect him to get many points. But he'll be utilized as a defensive player and likely maintain his hit/block/pim stats.

It's pretty obvious from my first sentence that the problem was a miscommunication because of the way it was worded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad