News Article: Part of Voracek's interview on the Flyers.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
well-there-it-is.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Seems like the only people Chuck isn’t worried about making happy are Flyers fans.

-The teams/fanbases he trades with are thrilled with their steals
-The players leaving are glad to escape the awful team and staff he built
-The Flyers keep collecting horrible players and getting worse

Who does he work for again? The Flyers? Are we sure?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Thanks for doing these translations. They're much appreciated.

Fletcher's just there. But keep it in the back of your mind who insisted Vigneault was a great hire. Media, fans, posters, whatever. Those are the most hopeless because they have no idea what they don't know and aren't interested in changing it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV is an example of path dependence.

Hextall fails to get a goalie to start the 2018-19 season, the team implodes. That was all on Hextall, sure Hart was on the way, but you don't rely on Elliott/Neuvirth after they broke down the previous season.

Scott and Holmgren decide 5 years of rebuilding is enough, they hire Fletcher with a mandate for action, which translates to "get the biggest name HC you can find to turn this around."

They try for Q, offer more money (open checkbook), then settle for AV (alternatives were Ruff, D Sutter, Tippett. Most "name" veteran HCs were under contract, and after Hakstol, an unknown would have been a tough sell to Scott).

AV has a good 1st season, turns the team around (106 point pace) with limited additions (Niskanen, Braun), gets to 2nd rd of playoffs - best Flyer season in a decade.

That success, and a big contract, locks them into AV. Even after a bad second season, what were the viable alternatives?
Boudreau, Gallant, Tochett, Trots, Derek King (Chi), Brad Larsen (CBJ), David Lowry (Winn), Martin St Louis (Mon), Jay Woodcroft (Edm),
Would Scott have been willing to eat $15M?

So they doubled down on AV.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
AV is an example of path dependence.

Hextall fails to get a goalie to start the 2018-19 season, the team implodes. That was all on Hextall, sure Hart was on the way, but you don't rely on Elliott/Neuvirth after they broke down the previous season.

Scott and Holmgren decide 5 years of rebuilding is enough, they hire Fletcher with a mandate for action, which translates to "get the biggest name HC you can find to turn this around."

They try for Q, offer more money (open checkbook), then settle for AV (alternatives were Ruff, D Sutter, Tippett. Most "name" veteran HCs were under contract, and after Hakstol, an unknown would have been a tough sell to Scott).

AV has a good 1st season, turns the team around (106 point pace) with limited additions (Niskanen, Braun), gets to 2nd rd of playoffs - best Flyer season in a decade.

That success, and a big contract, locks them into AV. Even after a bad second season, what were the viable alternatives?
Boudreau, Gallant, Tochett, Trots, Derek King (Chi), Brad Larsen (CBJ), David Lowry (Winn), Martin St Louis (Mon), Jay Woodcroft (Edm),
Would Scott have been willing to eat $15M?

So they doubled down on AV.
Why do you defend everything?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
But keep it in the back of your mind who insisted Vigneault was a great hire. Media, fans, posters, whatever. Those are the most hopeless because they have no idea what they don't know and aren't interested in changing it.

It has come to my intention that I should have been more specific here. "I'm willing to give him a chance," is not the same thing as "This is a great hire." Zero objections to the former.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Thanks for doing these translations. They're much appreciated.

Fletcher's just there. But keep it in the back of your mind who insisted Vigneault was a great hire. Media, fans, posters, whatever. Those are the most hopeless because they have no idea what they don't know and aren't interested in changing it.
I have always hated AV, Hayes, JVR, and Chuckles the Sad Clown. Glad Jake is throwing AV under the bus. Scott, Fletcher and Yeo have to go go go.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
"Chemistry outside locker room" is interesting. I doubt firing AV alone would fix it in a terrible season. This just reek's of Chuck's incompetence. AV really should have been fired in the summer.
I'd love to hear Voracek delve more into the chemistry outside of the locker room. There were reports of rifts between younger players and older players. I've got to wonder if Patrick is part of what he's referring to.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Remember when that smug f***face was introduced and acted all high and mighty about how the young players he didnt like never went on to amount to much.

The staff that was supposed to be developing these guys consisted of Chris Stewart, Nick Schultz, AV, Scott Gordon, Ian Laperriere.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Remember when that smug f***face was introduced and acted all high and mighty about how the young players he didnt like never went on to amount to much.

The staff that was supposed to be developing these guys consisted of Chris Stewart, Nick Schultz, AV, Scott Gordon, Ian Laperriere.
Remember when he was hired and come training camp time, he had not even looked at any film on any prospect. Took the summer off. Reg flag...lol.

Oh, reminder that when Hextall was fired with the team exploding, their record was 10-11-2. Fletch in 3/4 season has posted similar seasons. Spineless jellyfish cucksucker.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Remember when he was hired and come training camp time, he had not even looked at any film on any prospect. Took the summer off. Reg flag...lol.

Oh, reminder that when Hextall was fired with the team exploding, their record was 10-11-2. Fletch in 3/4 season has posted similar seasons. Spineless jellyfish cucksucker.

He then took 3-4 months learning things about the roster that any basic research would have taught him from day 1, and once he started figuring them out the team did far better.

AV isn't the limit of lazy slobdom either; we have a few accounts of Chuck publicly admitting that he's putting off vital tasks for later. Organizational lack of diligence is the order of the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad