GDT: Part II: The 2015 NHL Entry Level Draft: In L̶o̶u̶ Shero We Trust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Take another defensemen in the 2nd round. we have been doing a good job of finding good 2nd round players lately

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Shero picked his spot well. We wanted to get younger and improve our offense at the same time. Palmieri is a good young player on the cusp.

Zacha and Palmieri are both players with great closing speed, a wicked shot, and the ability to pull off moves in tight space. These are guys that create their own offense. A very encouraging trend to see. They're both Adam Henrique hyped up on monster HGH steroids.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
feel like the Isles take Kylington at 33

They traded that pick to Tampa to move up to choose Beauvillier.

It's Avalanche, Coyotes, Lightning, Leafs, Hurricanes then us.

Avalanche won't pick Harkins since he's a center, they'll go defence (Dunn/Kylington most likely). Coyotes just drafted Strome and Merkley, they'll pick a defender or goaltender almost assuredly, wouldn't be surprised to see them grab MacKenzie Blackwood here.

Tampa could pick him, but they've also got a lot of young talent down the middle already with Namestnikov, Johnson and Stamkos, they might prefer a young defender here.

I actually think the Leafs probably go defence as well, and Carolina has a good amount of young centers too, there's a solid chance Harkins is there when we pick.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m1 minute ago Sunrise, FL
Shero confirmed he had option to trade down with Columbus but said it didn't fit for either team when it came time for 6th pick.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
No interest in trading for Belesky's rights. He had a solid amount of goals, but we don't have the same type of players the Ducks do. This is his first good season, think he will get overpaid.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m1 minute ago Sunrise, FL
Shero confirmed he had option to trade down with Columbus but said it didn't fit for either team when it came time for 6th pick.

So, it was Hanifin or bust for CBJ then. Fair enough. I'm happy with Zacha.

Today was a great day for the organization.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Like the player but would've rather not given up the 2016 3rd.

It's not a big deal...just would preferred to pay less

This is, at best, an exceptionally slight overpayment. I really can't criticize this at all. And I was ready to kill Shero thinking he was going to do something really stupid. He had a very solid day IMO.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
~2 years down the road or so.....

Cammalleri-Zacha-XXXX
Henrique-Zajac-Palmieri
Matteau-Josefson-Frolik?

I think I like that better. get me a top line winger.

kiwidevil

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 9m9 minutes ago
#CBJ tried to move up to No. 3, kept trying. But #Coyotes were merely flirting. Tried to get up to No. 6 for Werenski, but got him at No. 8.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 9m9 minutes ago
#CBJ tried to move up to No. 3, kept trying. But #Coyotes were merely flirting. Tried to get up to No. 6 for Werenski, but got him at No. 8.

They wanted Werenski over Provorov? Proof that every team's board is different I guess.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yeah, i just meant more along the lines of do people see it being an actual possibility due to his size? I haven't seen as much of him as i have certain other prospects, is he potentially NHL ready?

I wouldnt risk it

if you want to let him have the 9 games, fine, but send him back. its not like were going to be contending next year

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Yeah, i just meant more along the lines of do people see it being an actual possibility due to his size? I haven't seen as much of him as i have certain other prospects, is he potentially NHL ready?

I'd be shocked if he's mentally prepared for NHL game speed. I think that's the issue. Physically he can play in the NHL tomorrow.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Potentially.

But with a bit of a rocky season last year, and still getting adjusted to NA ice, I'd much rather he play in juniors. Let him develop more there and hopefully dominate as well. No rush to have him here really.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
lineup ~2-3 years out:

Cammalleri-Zacha-XXXX
Henrique-Zajac-Palmieri
Matteau-Josefson-Frolik?
XXXX- Quenneville-Kalinin

Greene-Larsson
Merrill-Severson
Gelinas-Hrarabrarbarbaraenka