Parise/Zajack Vs. Carter/Richards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
paxtang said:
I say that NOW, because I think saying FRANCHISE anything is a pretty damn high thing. I think very few guys are franchise players. I don't think Carter can be a franchise player, and I don't think Zajac can be a franchise guy, regardless of how much I like him.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that Zajac is or will be a franchise player which I agree with you should be held in the highest standards and I also respect your opinion as one without prejudice. I only disagree with your assement that Zajac doesn't have the ability to revolve into a franchise player down the road.

I mean we know this; Zajac played in a much less competive league than his draft counterparts, which is one of the reasons we were lucky enough to grab him #20 overall, in fact we can say it's safe to say that if Zajac played in the juniors he would have probably gone much higher.

When we first drafted him all I had to go by was the scounting reports of him and what I read the first player that came to mind to me when it came to comparing Zajac was Mike Modano which I still see as a pretty good comparison, but someone on our site had even a better comparison and that was Kirk Muller.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site
JimEIV said:
Boumeester/Parise????? I don't understand?

You mean Martin or Hale? /Parise

Throw Pitkanen into the mix and NJ is behind. But I still like NJ's situation. The way I see it is Pitkanen is a 9 and Martin and Hale are both 7.5's. I like 15 over 9 :D

Thats all I did, throw Pits in there after dude threw in Bo. Does any team have three top prospects like the Flyers have????????????
:dunno:

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
According to hfboards, Pitkanen is graduated now, due to games played. However, if you mean 21 years old and under players/drafted prospects, the Capitals and the Penguins are the only teams I would put past the Flyers. The Thrashers, Blue Jackets, and Predators are right there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad